Join now - be part of our community!

"See you" keeps flashing

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
oboman
Visitor

"See you" keeps flashing

I have a BDP S383, and something has happeend to it. The display just keeps flashing"See you" and I nothing happens when I try to turn it off or on. I tried to unplug every cable, but it went back to the same state. Then I read somewher (on another model however) that holding the on/off button for 10 seconds would reset it, did it but nothing. So now I am lost for ideas.

I hope someone else has some ideas that can help me.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

since you have exhausted all the options i would suggest you return it to the store if its still under warranty if not contact your nearest authorised repair centre for a fix

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

"see you" is a powering down phase and it sounds like its got stuck, have you tried to open the disc tray, this may trigger the player into thinking its not done and power back up for you to try again (wild shot in the dark i know) but worth a try, if that dont do anything unplug from the mains and just forget about it for a while then try again, failing that then its back to Sony for a repair.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
oboman
Visitor

The trouble is that I can't get the tray to open at all. I havetried all the buttons on the panel to get some reaction, but nothign happens. I aslo tried to unplug it from the mains for about an hour, both the electircal plug and the hdmi cable, but it went back to the saem stauts.

Bravia55HX

since you have exhausted all the options i would suggest you return it to the store if its still under warranty if not contact your nearest authorised repair centre for a fix