Join now - be part of our community!

Picture Cuts Out on BDP-S360

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Falland
Visitor

Picture Cuts Out on BDP-S360

About a month ago I was watching a Blu Ray through my BDP-S360 and the picture began to cut out every few seconds, leaving me with a black screen for a brief second.

Last night I was watching a different Blu Ray and after an hour or so the same problem occurred. I then removed the HDMI cable and plugged it in again in a different port on the TV. I also swapped it round so the end that was previously in the player was now in the TV and vice versa, no idea if that would help.

The problem was still happening if not more regularly. I went to update the firmware and the player said it was already updated.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with me changing TV's recently, I've gone from a Toshiba to a Sony Bravia.

I'm looking at going to buy a new HDMI Cable today but not sure if it's necessary to pay £29.99 for the Sony 1.4 one or not, or whether to just get any old cable and see what happens.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Could try changing the cable if you have a very cheap one, it might make a difference. Checkout the reviews on amazon as they are normally pretty good. Also try a factory reset and leaving it unplugged for 5 minutes to power cycle it.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Could try changing the cable if you have a very cheap one, it might make a difference. Checkout the reviews on amazon as they are normally pretty good. Also try a factory reset and leaving it unplugged for 5 minutes to power cycle it.

Thanks

thcymru
New

I have the identical p[roblem with a BDP-S7200. Excellent cable and firmware is up to date. No problem with the DVBD which I have tested in another player.