Join now - be part of our community!

NSZ-GS7 + external harddisk, access through local network?

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
JarlSX
Visitor

NSZ-GS7 + external harddisk, access through local network?

Hi,

if i hook up an external harddisk to a NSZ-GS7, can i access that harddisk through my network, from my pc?

so i can copy files to/from that harddisk?

thanks,

Jarl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
breedBenR

yes you can

if you download an app that can do this on your google tv,
and if your windows version on your pc allows you to network-share USB-connected external disks.

ES File Manager can connect to LAN-shared directories ('Samba' protocol). You can copy/paste everything.

If you want to share media (video, jpeg etc.), then you can also start a DLNA server on the pc (windows media player is probably there, and can do this, it shares all files in directories that it has indexed in its library) and run a DLNA client app on the Google TV.

For quick one-time actions, there is also the FTP-option.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
breedBenR

yes you can

if you download an app that can do this on your google tv,
and if your windows version on your pc allows you to network-share USB-connected external disks.

ES File Manager can connect to LAN-shared directories ('Samba' protocol). You can copy/paste everything.

If you want to share media (video, jpeg etc.), then you can also start a DLNA server on the pc (windows media player is probably there, and can do this, it shares all files in directories that it has indexed in its library) and run a DLNA client app on the Google TV.

For quick one-time actions, there is also the FTP-option.

Message was edited by: breedBenR