Join now - be part of our community!

New Channel update message

profile.country.en_GB.title
Wilfblade
Visitor

New Channel update message

I have a Sony DVD recorder RDR  HXD 890. Every time I switch it on I get the message 'A new channel was found. The channel data was updated' Although I can get rid of it, The next time I switch on it is there again. I've already installed the update version 1.24. Will be grateful for any ideas how to resolve this.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's a known bug of the latest firmware. In few words, aftersome times, it is not able to store any more channels updates, so,  in your case, everytime it is switched off it "forgets" the new channell discovered and everytime it is switched on it find it anew!

The workaround for this and other  problems in DTT tuning is to hard reset the recorder and go trough the easysetup procedure. Youwon't loose any recording in the HDD, just the specific setting and anytimer already set.

To reset it:

• ensure no disk is in the tray
  • push stop and power off buttons on the deck
  • unplug from power for two minutes
  • plug it and go trough the easy setup
profile.country.en_GB.title
Wilfblade
Visitor

Thanks. Managed to carry out the above solution and that sorted the 'New channel' message but now unfortunately when I go to the 'Title List' page it doesn't fill the TV screen. Setting is on 16:9 but appears like 4:3. Everything else is fine. How do I get the Title list back to normal?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Assuming you have a flat 16:9 TV connected via HDMI, you should go in the HDMI settings to setup the appearance of your 4:3 titles