Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT3

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

HT-XT3

When connecting my Panasonic HDD DVD recorder to HDMI 1 I/P the screen on my Bravia TV switches from Wide to normal when playing a DVD. This happens whether HDMI output on DVD is set to either PCM or bitstream. Has anyone any ideas as to why. Thanks. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You will need to set the TVs screen settings for the HDMI input that you are using - However you need to do with when using the HDD Recorder.  Without your TV model number to confirm exactly where the setting is, I have used these instructions for another TV - which should be very similar.

To do this:

1. Ensure that the HDD Recorder box is on and is displayed on the screen (ie on the right HDMI input)
  2. Press the [Sync Menu] button on the remote control
  3. Scroll down to "TV control with the TV remote" and press [OK] on the remote
  4. Use the TV's remote control and press the [HOME] button
  5. Goto Settings > Display > Screen  and then ensure that the details are correct.  If you want all the same settings accross all devices, set Target Inputs to Current (or Common if you want the same setting on everything) and that should be it.
  6. Once done, press the [Return] button on the remote control repeatedly until all menus are gone
  7. Press the [Sync Menu] button again.
  8. Scroll down to [Device control by TV remote] to disable the TV control from step 3 above.

Hopefully this helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The instructions should be very similar to your TV, maybe some minor differences in wordings - but if you give it a go, you should be able to figure it out I think.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You will need to set the TVs screen settings for the HDMI input that you are using - However you need to do with when using the HDD Recorder.  Without your TV model number to confirm exactly where the setting is, I have used these instructions for another TV - which should be very similar.

To do this:

1. Ensure that the HDD Recorder box is on and is displayed on the screen (ie on the right HDMI input)
  2. Press the [Sync Menu] button on the remote control
  3. Scroll down to "TV control with the TV remote" and press [OK] on the remote
  4. Use the TV's remote control and press the [HOME] button
  5. Goto Settings > Display > Screen  and then ensure that the details are correct.  If you want all the same settings accross all devices, set Target Inputs to Current (or Common if you want the same setting on everything) and that should be it.
  6. Once done, press the [Return] button on the remote control repeatedly until all menus are gone
  7. Press the [Sync Menu] button again.
  8. Scroll down to [Device control by TV remote] to disable the TV control from step 3 above.

Hopefully this helps

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Hi ,

Thanks for this. Sorry I should have said my TV is a Sony KDL-43WD756. Are the instructions you gave in your post correct for this model? If so I'll give them a go and see if it sorts the problem. 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The instructions should be very similar to your TV, maybe some minor differences in wordings - but if you give it a go, you should be able to figure it out I think.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus, tried your solution. All good now.