Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-NF620 / BDV-NF720 lip sync issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
ulltiger
New

BDV-NF620 / BDV-NF720 lip sync issues

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had lip sync issues using the home cinema sound with either a BDV-NF620 or BDV-NF720 (I personally have the 620 version)?

I've done a bit of testing with Sony Support and they've referred me to a service centre, however I'm far from convinced that'll solve the problem as I suspect a software rather than hardware issue.

We've established a consistent 100m/s audio delay on DVD, 150m/s on Blu-ray in comparison to the TV speakers which are perfectly in sync.

To give some idea of the overall set up I also have a RDR-HXD995 which only seems to produce a delay of approx 25m/s via the home cinema sound using DVD (obviously it's not Blu-ray compatible) and that's using HDMI into the TV (a Sony KDL-40HX703), then HDMI back out to the Home cinema. I've not got a third HDMI to directly connect the RDR-HXD995 to the BDV-NF620 which I suspect may eliminate that small delay?

They've got me to do the usual master reset of both TV and home cinema but beyond that they've not been a lot of use. If anyone has any other ideas of tests or solutions I can perform please let me know!

Cheers in advance everyone.

0 REPLIES 0