Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-IZ1000W no sound on DVD but ok with TV/SAT

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rhiger
Visitor

BDV-IZ1000W no sound on DVD but ok with TV/SAT

hi, a puzzling thing with my surround system this morning, the playback on DVD works fine but no sound???  however, the sound works fine on the TV/SAT.  any ideas???  this worked fine yesterday, but 3 kids could have pressed anything but i doubt they've got into the settings so this is why i'm posting.  i've gone through the settings and cant find anything out of the ordinary.  i did use USB in my tv last night to watch a movie, and sometimes I have to change the audio settings in my TV but really this shouldnt affect playback sound surely???

cheers

scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

1 - First things first, switch all items off from the power point (you never know, sometimes it does work)

2 - Check that all cables are plugged in securely

3 - Switch on again.

4 - Ensure that the correct sound source is selected by repeatedly pressing the function button on the remote

5 - Ensure that the sound output is set to MAIN/SUB

6 - Ensure that the volume is not simply muted

7 - Sound Output might be set to NIGHT mode, see page 41 of the manual

8 - Do a Test Tone from your system

9 - Test a DVD

10 - All else fails, perform a factory reset.

I know this is basically generic type of advice, but to have sound not to work on a DVD but work through TV/SAT indicates that it is a setting/cabling issue somewhere.

Hope that assists in anyway.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

1 - First things first, switch all items off from the power point (you never know, sometimes it does work)

2 - Check that all cables are plugged in securely

3 - Switch on again.

4 - Ensure that the correct sound source is selected by repeatedly pressing the function button on the remote

5 - Ensure that the sound output is set to MAIN/SUB

6 - Ensure that the volume is not simply muted

7 - Sound Output might be set to NIGHT mode, see page 41 of the manual

8 - Do a Test Tone from your system

9 - Test a DVD

10 - All else fails, perform a factory reset.

I know this is basically generic type of advice, but to have sound not to work on a DVD but work through TV/SAT indicates that it is a setting/cabling issue somewhere.

Hope that assists in anyway.