Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S590 Appears Dead.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jtinsun
Visitor

BDP-S590 Appears Dead.

My new Blu-Ray player has developed a fault. It will not switch on from remote or on player unless I remove and the HDMI cable. I have tried this many times and this is the only way it switches on. Why?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jtinsun
Visitor

Thanks for your suggestions. I have resolved the problem. There is an option in 'settings' to enable the tv to turn off the player when going into standby. I reset this to 'off' and was able to turn on the player without having to disconnect the HDMI cable. It's now tried and tested and performs fine. It seems the message from the tv to the player would persist until the HDMI cable was disconnected (or turned off).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Certainly a weird problem you have there. My advice is to either get your bluray player replaced or get it fixed from an authorised Sony repair centre. You could try a different HDMI cable if you have one spare to see if its the cable or not.

Cheers.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

a couple of random things to try before you dismiss this as faulty, could you unplug the unit from the mains for a bit and remove and or replace the batteries and try that first.

as i say just random but it has been known to work.

jtinsun
Visitor

Thanks for your suggestions. I have resolved the problem. There is an option in 'settings' to enable the tv to turn off the player when going into standby. I reset this to 'off' and was able to turn on the player without having to disconnect the HDMI cable. It's now tried and tested and performs fine. It seems the message from the tv to the player would persist until the HDMI cable was disconnected (or turned off).