Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S5100 v BDP-S790

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
petethegardener01
Visitor

BDP-S5100 v BDP-S790

Question. The BDP-S5100 looks like it's got everything the BDP-S790 has for £100 less, except for the important for some, 4K capability. I don't need the 4K yet. Can anyone defend the extra cost of the BDP-S790? If not I'll be out to buy the new BDP-S5100 quite soon.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i personally have the BDP-S790 and its a very good player, i too am not bothered by the 4K capability it was just a choice that i chose this, the BDP-S5100 is very good value for money and has everything you would expect from a player so save yourself the £100 and go get one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i personally have the BDP-S790 and its a very good player, i too am not bothered by the 4K capability it was just a choice that i chose this, the BDP-S5100 is very good value for money and has everything you would expect from a player so save yourself the £100 and go get one.

Catmambo
Contributor

Good answer from BRAVIA55HX923. Just to expand a little, the S790 won so many awards towards the end of 2012 as the onboard chip is capable of 4k upscaling, it was decided to carry it through into 2013 as the principle high end Blu-ray player.

petethegardener01
Visitor

Thanks for your advice. I noticed a 'refurbished' 790 for sale on the outlet store for £139 but when I stuck it in the basket, I was told it was no longer available. So I'll go for the 5100.