Join now - be part of our community!

Sony PRS-T1 or Sony PRS-T2, what to buy?

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
claes_lindegren
Visitor

Sony PRS-T1 or Sony PRS-T2, what to buy?

I like to bye a reader from Sony. Wich one is the latest and most modern of thost two models?

Sony PRS-T1 or Sony PRS-T2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi claes_lindegren,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The PRS-T2 is the latest model of Sony Reader..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi claes_lindegren,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The PRS-T2 is the latest model of Sony Reader..

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

And, if I may say so, an excellent reader ! I'm getting to grips with the T2 now, and have to say it's a great improvement on the T1.

The "feel" is, to me anyway, much more akin to the 3/650 generation, and not as obviously plastic as the shiney T1 - it feels comfy to hold. Lighter, of course....

And the nifty controls, that don't much look like buttons as such, & seem to sink into the body, are very neat.

So I reckon it looks good.

Screen-wise, all seems fine - good grey-colour background, decent fonts & sizes available, and the usual easy to use Sony menu set-ups.

Wi-fi and browser are all there, and functioning acceptably - remember this the next step on from the T1, so some stuff didn't really need a lot of work.

So, personally, I think it's a good'un, and a decent response to various complaints about appearance etc.. over the T1.

What's next ? Well, I suppose the lit screen is being thought about, although I question just how useful or desirable it is - I have tried a couple of other makes held by friends, ( I know, but it doesn't make me a bad person, does it !! :neutral: ) and found it OK, but I wouldn't want it on all the time, it made my eyes ache ! Personally I'm OK with a clip-on light, but I suppose it represents a search for the "killer feature" - like wi-fi was for a while until almost every reader at least had a model with it.

Anyway, good luck, and enjoy whatever one you choose.