Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Book Store For Ireland

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
Franos
Visitor

Sony Book Store For Ireland

Hi,

I just wondered if anybody has any idea if the Sony Bookstore will be available in Ireland soon. I was completely mislead when I bought my Sony Reader by the sales person in the store.Was told that I could download books directly from the Sony shop via WIFI, and also that there was a back light on my reader. I am so mad, that I was given wrong information, and also it's a bit arrogant of Sony to sell a product here that can't be used properly. I feel like returning the reader to the store!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Hi Franos - you should contact Sony about the availability , I don't know if it will be useable in the future - not sure if it's technically feasible....

However, it seems you were misled by the store personel - I presume Irish contract law is similar to UK, and that they store is responsible for incorrect info, look up the ;legal position, and create a fuss !

. Sony has no backlit reader (yet?) and they should certainly have been aware of the wifi limitations - can you buy from online bookshops, or use sites like Gutenberg OK ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Hi Franos - you should contact Sony about the availability , I don't know if it will be useable in the future - not sure if it's technically feasible....

However, it seems you were misled by the store personel - I presume Irish contract law is similar to UK, and that they store is responsible for incorrect info, look up the ;legal position, and create a fuss !

. Sony has no backlit reader (yet?) and they should certainly have been aware of the wifi limitations - can you buy from online bookshops, or use sites like Gutenberg OK ?

profile.country.en_IE.title
sonydisaster
Visitor

You are not the only person who this has happened to.I bought the Sony E Reader from Power City,could not get it to work.It ended up being registered in USA because there were no other options.Could not unregister it.Took it to a computer shop,who found out from Sony UK that there is NO Sony Ebook store for Ireland,and no plans to have one.So i was sold a reader that could not download it own books.I was livid.I had a few days earlier tried to change the product,and was toldin no uncertain terms that they would not give me a refund as the box had been opened.I was also told that it was the simplest product to use,but at no time was I told that there was no Sony products that could be bought.Sony UK told me when I contacted them that the product should not be sold in Ireland as it is not fit for purpose.They also told me I was mis-sold the product,they did not give proper information about the defecits in the product,and under the SALE OF GOODS ACT I was entitled to a full refund.I returned to the store and told them this,and told them I wanted a full refund.The minute I told them I had spokento Sony UK their attitude completely changed.I hope this info will help others,as I have been through hell with this.