Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-T1 freezes after loading mp3 to SD

profile.country.nl_NL.title
MarkvMNL
Visitor

PRS-T1 freezes after loading mp3 to SD

I am listening to podcasts on my PRS-T1 which works well except for loading new mp3s to the (2GB) SD card.

I delete podcasts to which I have listened via the reader and transfer new podcasts to the SD card via the USB. However, when I disconnect the USB the reader goes into a continuous loading mode and, if left to itself, often depletes the battery completely after a couple of hours.

I have to either reset, or power down the reader and then start it up again. This works (so far), and the reader recognises the new files within 30 seconds or so and behaves normally. However it can sometimes take several minutes to respond to my power down request. This is all before I even attempt to listen to any of the files, or read anything on the reader.

I do not have any problems or corruption with the files once I have rebooted and can listen to them and delete them without any further problems, until it comes to putting fresh files on the reader. Then it starts all over again.

Do other people have the same problem? Could it be a problem with my SD card? Once I have reset the reader, or powered it down and on again there don't seem to be any problems so I would be surprised if it were a hardware problem.

Also, is there somewhere to report this to Sony to see if it is a software problem?

Thanks for your help

Mark

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.nl_NL.title
MarkvMNL
Visitor

I'm the only one who has this problem, then.

I'll try formatting my SD card, then. See if that helps...

Mark