Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-600 Charged lasting 1 day only?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cichlidiot
New

PRS-600 Charged lasting 1 day only?

Hi folks.

I charged up my PRS-600 and used it ok that night but 24 hours later I wanted to use it and the charge was out i.e. it came on for a few seconds to show the charge was gone and then switched itself off.

I've had the PRS-600 for about 3 yrs, I guess.

Any hints, please?

Cheers.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

1) If you're not using a wall charger, try one - it gives a better , more reliable charge than a PC . Also. leave it overnight to ensure a monster chgarge !

2) If that doesn't help, it's probably time to a) see if you can get another battery - you may need to ask on MobileRead forum or similar to find help/advice on this, ditto fitting it yourself.

Unless you really love your 600 .....it may be "bite the bullet time" and get a T-1 or 2  -  it would be very pricey to get Sony to do it for you, probably more than a newie.

There were a few articles and videos on UTube a while ago, covering DIY battery replacement,  don't know if they are still there.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
carpetmojo

1) If you're not using a wall charger, try one - it gives a better , more reliable charge than a PC . Also. leave it overnight to ensure a monster chgarge !

2) If that doesn't help, it's probably time to a) see if you can get another battery - you may need to ask on MobileRead forum or similar to find help/advice on this, ditto fitting it yourself.

Unless you really love your 600 .....it may be "bite the bullet time" and get a T-1 or 2  -  it would be very pricey to get Sony to do it for you, probably more than a newie.

There were a few articles and videos on UTube a while ago, covering DIY battery replacement,  don't know if they are still there.

Good luck.