Join now - be part of our community!

How can I transfer my reader library to a new laptop? I have a PRS650 eReader.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1zleon
Visitor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi 1zleon,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Turn on your PRS-650 & connect it to your PC..

Which version of reader software are you currently using.?

If you are using the original pre-supplied Reader Library then this should still be available to install once you connect your Reader to your new PC..

Once reader Connected & drivers installed etc, click on Computer then click on Setting from there click on Set up Reader for Windows..

Or if you want to use or are using the newer Reader for PC then simply download & install the Reader for PC application form the PRS-650's support site - Reader for PC

Using the Reader for PC software for this guide but it should be similar for the the older Reader Library.. (Note - if you downloaded the 100 free books that Sony offered on registration then be aware that these are not compatible with the new Reader for PC software..:smileywink:)

Install the Reader for PC application..

Then start the Reader for PC application..

You should then see an Information Screen appear..

Information.JPG

and possibly on top of that a Sign in screen.. (if the sign in screen does not appear simply click on Authorise on the information screen..)

Sign in.JPG

Important.. if you have already purchase books it's important that you enter the same email address & password that you used when you first created an account because if you set up a new account you will be unable to access any eBooks that you previously purchased with your old account..

Once complete your PC & Reader should be authorised (Check I info) & you should see Reader for PC with three options - Library, Reader Store & Reader

Options.JPG

Library - this will be empty but if you want to have a copy of the books in the Reader for PC Library then click on Reader & select the books stored on your Reader & drag them to the Library icon..

If you have purchased books & they will not copy to your reader Library then you can usually browse to the Reader store that you purchased your books from & locate your purchase history & re-download the books again..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi 1zleon,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Turn on your PRS-650 & connect it to your PC..

Which version of reader software are you currently using.?

If you are using the original pre-supplied Reader Library then this should still be available to install once you connect your Reader to your new PC..

Once reader Connected & drivers installed etc, click on Computer then click on Setting from there click on Set up Reader for Windows..

Or if you want to use or are using the newer Reader for PC then simply download & install the Reader for PC application form the PRS-650's support site - Reader for PC

Using the Reader for PC software for this guide but it should be similar for the the older Reader Library.. (Note - if you downloaded the 100 free books that Sony offered on registration then be aware that these are not compatible with the new Reader for PC software..:smileywink:)

Install the Reader for PC application..

Then start the Reader for PC application..

You should then see an Information Screen appear..

Information.JPG

and possibly on top of that a Sign in screen.. (if the sign in screen does not appear simply click on Authorise on the information screen..)

Sign in.JPG

Important.. if you have already purchase books it's important that you enter the same email address & password that you used when you first created an account because if you set up a new account you will be unable to access any eBooks that you previously purchased with your old account..

Once complete your PC & Reader should be authorised (Check I info) & you should see Reader for PC with three options - Library, Reader Store & Reader

Options.JPG

Library - this will be empty but if you want to have a copy of the books in the Reader for PC Library then click on Reader & select the books stored on your Reader & drag them to the Library icon..

If you have purchased books & they will not copy to your reader Library then you can usually browse to the Reader store that you purchased your books from & locate your purchase history & re-download the books again..