Join now - be part of our community!

Charging issues?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lydiawright20
Visitor

Charging issues?

hi. please could someone explain to me why my PRS-600 has issues charging? When I USB charge it it senses it, but when i unplug it it says that there is no battery! It completely powers off and it is impossible to switch back on. the same cycle repeats each time i try it! PLEASE help me?? :

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

Try a wall charger - much more reliable - and there have been a few cases of the PC actually draining the battery. And the mains charger does seem to give better "oomph" !

And lithium batteries work better and longer if charged overnight, for example, and always keep the device in "sleep" mode rather than powering off completely - this regime "educates" the battery, and improves its performance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cichlidiot
New

Hi Lydia.

When I do get issues, I do a hard reset and this usually fixes the issue.

Give it a go.

Cheers.

Mark

Message was edited by: mark.dathorne

spellcheck

carpetmojo

Try a wall charger - much more reliable - and there have been a few cases of the PC actually draining the battery. And the mains charger does seem to give better "oomph" !

And lithium batteries work better and longer if charged overnight, for example, and always keep the device in "sleep" mode rather than powering off completely - this regime "educates" the battery, and improves its performance.