Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR-CX260V is quite noisy

profile.country.sl_SI.title
vikibald
Visitor

Sony HDR-CX260V is quite noisy

I bought the camcorder Sony HDR-CX260V. Soon after using the camcorder I realized that the camcorder is pretty noisy when working. It's can be heard even zooming and panning . Recorded movies captures the noise.The camcorder is also quite a cheaphousing as if it were children's toys.

If I knew that the camcorder for 475.00 euros has so many defects I would rather buy the other one or get some more money for a better camcorder.

Links to my movie channel recorded with this camkorder on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXpNfFqrY9A&feature=bf_prev&list=PLFD10B56A22ED9BD4&lf=results_main

When I uploaded this movies on youtube, I considered that it has to be normal humming noise. So I wrote in comment it was a great camcorder. Later, the experts told me that zooming and other noise can't be audible on recordings.

Message was edited by: vikibald

Message was edited by: vikibald

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi vikibald, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Most built-in microphones will pick up some sound from the camera. You need an external microphone to avoid this. However I can't hear any excessive camera noise in your example videos, mostly wind noise etc :thinking:

If you have nothing audible worth recording, you could mute the audio; alternatively, try editing with a music soundtrack.

Hope that's some help.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.sl_SI.title
vikibald
Visitor

Hi Mick2011, thanks for the answer:smileyhappy:

Additional external microphone is not a solution because it is impractical to carry on family trips to the shooting. Additional it costs about 120 EUR. For additional 120 EUR I would rather buy a model of the Sony HDR-PJ260V where I get the projector, remote and great sound (5.1 DD)

At last year's model, the Sony HDR-CX130 you can not detect any noise.

Sony also officially recognized the design error on its website:

"A faint mechanical sound is recorded in the movie.

A faint mechanical sound may be recorded in the movie, even if you do not move or operate the camcorder while recording. This is because of autofocusing during the movie recording.

This sound can be reduced by using manual focus. To do so, select [MENU] > [Camera/Mic] > [Manual Settings] > [Focus] > [Manual] and adjust the focus manually. If you have an external microphone, connect it to the camcorder and place the microphone as far as possible from the lens to reduce the noise. [Auto Wind NR] and [Closer Voice] functions are disabled this way.

If you want to have your camcorder checked concerning the operating sound recorded in the movie, we will handle it according to Sony's service policy."

View this clip on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19QjtOnaIFQ

Thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Yes, if sound quality is of great importance the extra outlay on a PJ260 is certainly worthwhile.

Hope you manage to find a solution that works for you.

Cheers

Mick