Join now - be part of our community!

SONY DCR-VX2000E CLOCK SET

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nighttimenellie
Visitor

SONY DCR-VX2000E CLOCK SET

Hi, every time i turn on the camera the clock set blings up,and i have to set the clock, but if i leave the battery in it doesnt happen,does the camera have an internal battery that keeps this function going and i need to replace(and how do i do it if it does)thanks in advance Nellie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nighttimenellie,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm pretty sure that the lithium battery is the only power source, I've also checked through the manual & there is no refernce to an internal battery. So yes you will need to set the clock if you remove the battery pack from the VX2000E..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nighttimenellie,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm pretty sure that the lithium battery is the only power source, I've also checked through the manual & there is no refernce to an internal battery. So yes you will need to set the clock if you remove the battery pack from the VX2000E..

nighttimenellie
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus,I did rake through the manual and couldnt find anything about it and that must be the reason why lol, you have put my mind at rest cheers Nellie

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Nellie..:smileyhappy:

nighttimenellie
Visitor

just an update,I contacted sony and they told me to go on their site and look at their manual,page 200 odd.Now it was an English/Russian manual for some reason,and there it was ,my camera does indeed have an internal battery, so there you go,its def. not in my manual and i dont know why not. I asked how to replace it but was just told to book it in for repair, it obviously isnt an easy thing to do, and I dont know why you wouldnt design the camera for easy access to this battery(especially as it is pushed as a near pro camera, just try getting it fixed all the companies class it under the pro camcorder class not the handy cam class) a liitle bit peed off about this but its not overly important i supose, just thought I would let people know incase they had the same problem,all the best Nellie

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Usually the build in battery is charged by the camera battery (or if camera is used with AC adapter).

Take a look at the following site.

For some using the reset button has helped, otherwise, if the internal battery has died service is required:

http://www.dvforums.com/pressflow/forums/vx2000-internal-battery-failure

nighttimenellie
Visitor

Good link cmosse, but if the reset doesnt work its the shop for me,there is no way i could take it appart like shown in the thread i would just be left with a bag of bits lol, or i will just leave the main battery in, that solves the problem aswell