Join now - be part of our community!

sony dcr-trv900e mini dv camera will no longer connect to pc via Ilink. Ok before

profile.country.en_GB.title
denbo2809
Visitor

sony dcr-trv900e mini dv camera will no longer connect to pc via Ilink. Ok before

My sony dcr-trv900e video camera will no longer connect to my pc.

Have tried a friends Ilink cable, same result. Tried my cable with his camera-ok.

Tried connecting my camera to a friend's pc-no connection.

Have pressed 'Reset' button on my camera, still no connection.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Deinsatll free codec packs like K-lite or simular.

if still issue

Turn off or puse fire wall on PC.

is still not reckognised

Inastall Direct X 9 or 10. There are free downloads on Google.

if still problem remain

Install latest firmware update for Yor grafic cart/ info about on internet when you klick model of your grafic cart

if still issue follow instruction on link

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/dime/Connectivity_Troubleshooting/connectivity_tblsht.aspx

Good luck

Damac :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rogerhamilton
New

Hi,

I would STRONGLY suggest that it is the DV socket on the camcorder that has got damaged; I've seen at least 3 sockets that were wrecked, one of them by my own efforts.

It is possible to repair this, but very fiddly and will likely involve damaging the plastic supporting the individual (flat) pins. Usually ( ie in my experience ) one of the pins gets pushed down into the socket - so, first thing to do is examine, under as high power magnification as you can muster, the state of the socket and keep looking HARD to see if you can detect the described fault - it's not easy to spot this, due to so many reflections from shiny surfaces.

If you do see this condition then somehow you need to hook the recalcitrant pin and pull it up - you'll need at least two fine needles for it; as I said expect to break the plastic surround ( ie that supporting the pins - very fragile ). When ( IF ) you manage to get the pin pointing up likely it will be banana shaped and you will still have to flatten it and manouevre it into order with the other pins.

Once you do this then, provided you are very careful and push the plug in slowly, expecting resistance if you haven't quite got the pin straight and tend to just shove it back in again; you have a good chance of resurrecting a working DV, Firewire socket.

I managed to break the socket on my Sony Viao by trying to make the plug fit more snugly - ie squeezing the plug metal surround ( 4-pin ); of course I overdid it and pushing it in I displaced one of the pins. I just left it as "too bad" and never used it for years; then having a go at repairing another and succeeding, went back and repaired it; as describe above.

You reall have to dig right down at the bottom of the socket to retrieve that pin - hopefully only the one.