Join now - be part of our community!

PXW-X70 Windows 10 PIN required to add as Wi-Fi device

milkbottle
Explorer

PXW-X70 Windows 10 PIN required to add as Wi-Fi device

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to connect my PXW-X70 camcorder to my Windows 10 laptop via my Wi-Fi router in order to stream, and could really do with a hand please!

For a number of days, I've carefully consulted a number of pretty good resources online. I've made slow progress, but none have got me all the way to where I want to be; and now I'm pretty much stuck.

By way of explanation, below is where I'm at for the camcorder, router, and laptop, respectively.

Camcorder

On the Network Set > Wi-Fi Set, (with the help of ipconfig using the command line interface on my laptop),  checking for any IP address conflicts, I completed the Access Point Set.

In addition: since only the MAC address, (and not the IP address) of the camcorder originally appeared on the list of wireless connections on my router's GUI, I added some DNS server settings which rectified this issue.

Again on the Network Set sub-menu, I also set up Streaming.

Router

My camcorder's IP address appears on the list of wireless connections on my router's GUI.

There are no IP address conflicts with any other wireless connections present.

The camcorder also has the correct port forwarding set up too.

Laptop

My aim now is to add the camcorder as a new Wi-Fi device via Settings > Bluetooth & other devices.

I click on 'Add Bluetooth or other device', and then on the pop-up, on 'Everything else'.

Since streaming is in progress, the process detects the camcorder 'PXW-X70' straight away.

When I click on PXW-X70 icon, I am prompted to 'Enter the PIN for PXW-X70'.

This is where things fall down for me as I have no clue what this PIN is!

Any bright ideas out there? They'd be really appreciated!

Thank you for your time 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Sure that's PIN is not a Windows 10 PIN?

I mean, the PIN for the access to the Operating System...

milkbottle
Explorer

When I'm trying to add a device (in Windows 10), this is the PIN requested (and required) to connect to the camcorder.

So no, I don't think this is the PIN for access to the OS.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok, but you have tryed anyway?

milkbottle
Explorer

No, I haven't done this because I don't access my OS using a PIN.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

A question, when 'Enter the PIN for PXW-X70' is displayed on Windows, a PIN there isn't in Camera Display?

milkbottle
Explorer

It's an interesting question...

It seems this only happens if you select Network Set > Ctrl w/Smartphone, which (unfortunately) is not the option in need.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
milkbottle
Explorer

Thank you for this link. I have watched this video.

I'm trying to stream but by doing so by adding the camcorder as an external Wi-Fi camera.

I will carry on looking...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius