Join now - be part of our community!

PC (mp4,avi..) to Handycam converter

GoodGame
Explorer

PC (mp4,avi..) to Handycam converter

I am looking for a way to make/convert videos for hanycam so I can use it to project old happy times with family and friends on a road trip or when we get together. I have flipped the whole web and I was left out dry, the only solution was asking you guys, if you could make something or if something already exists. Ty in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
sorry, Handycam... You want to convert one or more Videos created by a Sony Handycam in a MP4 (for example) file? It's correct?
What model of Handycam do you have?

Manolo

GoodGame
Explorer

Hi

Other way around, I want to convert one or more video mp4 files to handycam format.

Model Sony HDR-PJ200

Ty

GG

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

My mistake, you wrote: "a way to make/convert videos for hanycam so I can use it to projec"...

I'm not sure it work (probably because of Handycam/SD "limits" at imported files management) but... You can try to convert your videos to MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (HD) or MPEG2-PS (STD) and try the transfer in the SD Card...

Another "problem" is: which software to convert?... We have to try...

Manolo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

Another "problem" is: which software to convert?... We have to try...

Handbrake is my preferred Software to convert video formats - however it can be a bit of a steep learning curve and experimentation until you figure it out.  And its open source (i.e. Free)

https://handbrake.fr/

GoodGame
Explorer

I thought the title was good enough sorry.

I have used any audio converter, without success. I have copied the setings of an already existing video and named it the same thus deleted the video and copied the converted file(video) to the camera storage. The camera has some other date and type settings that I need to reproduce, but for that I was hoping for sony support. Play memories should have this plugin for importing videos, but they have protected them selves by writing on the product box only for exporting :(. I will try handbrake now, but I thing this won't make any difference.

GG