Join now - be part of our community!

How can I change the recording fps for my HDR-XR150E?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
zixux00
Visitor

How can I change the recording fps for my HDR-XR150E?

My HDR-XR150E is currrently recording at a framerate of 25 fps, but I want to increase the fps so that I can make smooth slow motion footage in a editing program. How can I do that?

Thanks

Message was edited by: zixux00

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sadly the smooth slow recording function is only for 3 seconds since that is all the buffer is able to handle so longer periods may require you to take multiple clips and merge them via video editing but maybe difficult if you are trying to record without gaps.

From past experience with Sony Vegas, you can slow down video taken but it wont be as smooth as what the Handycam does.

Ideally if you would like to record longer times, you might need to consider a higher end product with that capability. From the consumer range, I do not see any models which would cater for this longer than 3 seconds.

As for it being darker, how much darker is it? I have not come across that before unless someone else has any ideas.    

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

You can use a function called "SMTH SLW REC" which takes a 3 second recording and adds frames to take it up to 12 seconds.

Have a look at the link below and check out page 66

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4170893141.pdf

Hope that helps.

zixux00
Visitor

Thanks, but I would like to record long footages (>10 secs) all in high fps. is there a way to do so?

Also in the "SMTH SLW REC" the footage is darker then the normal mode...

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sadly the smooth slow recording function is only for 3 seconds since that is all the buffer is able to handle so longer periods may require you to take multiple clips and merge them via video editing but maybe difficult if you are trying to record without gaps.

From past experience with Sony Vegas, you can slow down video taken but it wont be as smooth as what the Handycam does.

Ideally if you would like to record longer times, you might need to consider a higher end product with that capability. From the consumer range, I do not see any models which would cater for this longer than 3 seconds.

As for it being darker, how much darker is it? I have not come across that before unless someone else has any ideas.