Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-HC3E Camcorder

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tandp1
Visitor

HDR-HC3E Camcorder

My HRD-HC3E CAMCORDER will not connect to my MacBook pro using iMovie 11 via FireWire cable.The computer does not see it,are there any known problems please?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi tandp1, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Make sure the camera is powered with the AC adaptor. Once the camera is connected with a FireWire cable, launch iMovie and power up the camera. Click the camera icon in iMovie and your videos should appear.

If they don't, it may be that you need to set your camera to playback via iLink. With the camera disconnected, go to [Menu], select [Standard Set] and make sure 'i.Link Conv' is set to 'off'. Then connect as above.

If that fails to work, I'd try a replacement FireWire cable. They do fail, more often than USB cables.

Hope something there helps.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi tandp1, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Make sure the camera is powered with the AC adaptor. Once the camera is connected with a FireWire cable, launch iMovie and power up the camera. Click the camera icon in iMovie and your videos should appear.

If they don't, it may be that you need to set your camera to playback via iLink. With the camera disconnected, go to [Menu], select [Standard Set] and make sure 'i.Link Conv' is set to 'off'. Then connect as above.

If that fails to work, I'd try a replacement FireWire cable. They do fail, more often than USB cables.

Hope something there helps.

Cheers

Mick