Join now - be part of our community!

YouView to Satellite switching

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
gjn_pmb
Explorer

YouView to Satellite switching

Recently purchased KD-49XF8096 TV. Tuning in recognised satellite and youview. Defaults to youview (not a problem) but want to view satellite channels (over 900 available).

How do I change over to satellite - not on any standard menu option. Selection besides giving HDMI choices gives Digital TV which is only YouView.

Any suggestions would be helpful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
gjn_pmb
Explorer

Thanks to all who have offered comments

I think the problem was that satellite tuning took place before "Display Settings" was set to "show".

I then did a satellite scan and it worked.

However I did switch the set off in between the actions - so perhaps it need to do a software reboot?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@gjn_pmb wrote:

Recently purchased KD-49XF8096 TV. Tuning in recognised satellite and youview. Defaults to youview (not a problem) but want to view satellite channels (over 900 available).

How do I change over to satellite - not on any standard menu option. Selection besides giving HDMI choices gives Digital TV which is only YouView.

Any suggestions would be helpful

On my XE9000 all I do is change the input to "General Satellite". I assume you tuned the Satellite tuner and gone through the Satellite setup already? The original firmware when Youview was enabled disabled the Satellite tuner, but since a couple of revisions back you could use Youview and Satellite at the same time. (unless something has again changed recently).

Bare in mind there is no populated EPG for the Satellite channels, just a list of channels.

profile.country.GB.title
gjn_pmb
Explorer

Thank you

A full set up was done (over 900 satellite channels found)

The input gives HDMI, AV, streaming, screen mirroring and digital

When selecting digital there is no further selection and always goes to Youview.

Perhaps the software now prevents access to the satellite - it would have been good to know before buying the set !!

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

I think that for a source to appear in the input menu you have to enable it first.

Try to do so in Settings/ Inputs menu. Is Satellite enabled there?

profile.country.GB.title
gjn_pmb
Explorer

Thanks you

In setting there is NO option for 'input settings'

It is running Android v 7.0 plus security patch 1 August 2018, if that helps

profile.country.GB.title
gjn_pmb
Explorer

Had another go at the TV

Found External inputs, manage inputs included is General Satellite and Preferred Satellite

Selecting Gen sat - show display setting - (set to show) returning to having inputs options across screen

Select Gen Satellite - says no channels stored - doing set up  - digital tuning - digital auto - the requests aerial or cable only

If proceed then retunes Youview not satellite

Same happens with preferred satellite

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Is the satellite input/tuner faulty? If it’s never worked and not tuneable or selectable it sounds faulty to me. I have had no issues with satellite on my XE90.

On thing to try is this setup guide:

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/faep1/v1/en/02-01-02_02.html

If that does not work, try factory resetting the TV and trying, if still no joy it would appear faulty.

profile.country.GB.title
gjn_pmb
Explorer

Thanks to all who have offered comments

I think the problem was that satellite tuning took place before "Display Settings" was set to "show".

I then did a satellite scan and it worked.

However I did switch the set off in between the actions - so perhaps it need to do a software reboot?