Join now - be part of our community!

XR-55A80J USB recording not working

profile.country.GB.title
aldesa165
New

XR-55A80J USB recording not working

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased in Italy a BRAVIA XR-55A80J 55-inch, 4K ultra HD OLED Smart TV, but it is not possible to configure the USB key for recording programs.

In particular, I noticed that by setting the country as "Italy", the TV does not even display the key as recordable, but only as a support for playback.

So, at the moment I solved it by setting the country as "Spain", but the problem is that now the channel list is different from the Italian one.

Is it possible that TV programs cannot be recorded only in Italy?

Here is the TV data:

SONY XR-55A80J - BRAVIA 4K VH2

Android TV: 10 (1 feb 2022)

Kernel: 4.19.75 (1 mar 2022)

Thanks for the replies.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

What you have deduced is correct, in Italy the USB recording is inhibited so you need to select a different country, but in this way the disposition of the LCN channels is lost.

Quello che hai dedotto è corretto, in Italia la registrazione USB è inibita quindi occorre selezionare un Paese differente, ma così si perde la disposizione dei Canali LCN.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey aldesa165, I double checked the specs, it says recording isn't supported in Italy, check it here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/xr-55a80j/specif...