Join now - be part of our community!

XH90 VRR Support?

profile.country.GR.title
markAngel
Explorer

XH90 VRR Support?

Hi everyone, i bought this TV because it was saying “PS5 Ready”. The TV is not “ready” at all and after the update its worse, it’s slower on software, it crushes on app and software also sometime, the 4k120hz its FAKE actually is washing your pixels (like you are looking on 720p not even 1080p), sometimes it doesn’t turning on.... but the most interesting is that PS5 doesnt support VRR at all, lol.

Need an answer, otherwise i have to return it. 

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Engineers are looking into this already. Quality should improve with the next FW release.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GR.title
markAngel
Explorer

Thanks for your answer.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

VRR support on the PS5 itself will be coming in a later firmware.

PS5: The Ultimate FAQ – PlayStation.Blog

"Does PS5 support VRR?
PS5 hardware supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) through HDMI 2.1. After a future system software update, PS5 owners will be able to use the VRR feature of compatible TVs when playing games that support VRR."

profile.country.GR.title
antonisg
Explorer

Hi, 

just to add to the issue, 3 days ago sony usa updated the table with 2.1 specs.

As you can see XH90 (XBR X900H / 90CH) does not contain VRR / ALLM.

Now, if SONY quietly pulled the plug of the feature it is at least anti consumer by their side. I mean, we all bought this model for 4k/120 fps/VRR/ALLM. 

Get ready for many angry calls from my side to Sony GR. 

Also, attaching the screen cap that until today at least, Sony GR advertises the future update

sony us.pngsony gr.png

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
apuk2004

Hi all

I have a ps5 and am looking for a new TV and saw this deal on the XH92

https://centresdirect.co.uk/p-38576-sony-bravia-kd55xh9296bu-55-full-array-led-4k-hdr-android-tv.asp...

Would you guys suggest I hold off on purchasing this TV since I want the latest hdmi 2.1 features and the best TV for my money. £850 is very tempting but the offer ends today. Also not sure how reputable this store is. Says Sony Centre tho.

profile.country.GR.title
antonisg
Explorer

I am not sure if rumors are true about the update. If you plan on gaming
with the TV, ps5 or xsx, Vrr is really important feature and potential
absence is a deal breaker for me. Sony not responding is a warning sign.
For the future, I will never trust promised future updates for sure. I
mean the tv released in summer and it has been 6 months.
profile.country.GB.title
apuk2004

Screenshot_20210110-135911.png

 just seen this and that deal on the XH92 ends today. Very itchy trigger finger here 😂

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, the XH 90/92 are still getting the ALLM and VRR update as per the specs page on the Sony website. Check here : https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55xh9296/speci...

click on the tiny numbers.

profile.country.GB.title
Banksy74

Can the xh90 display 4k @120hz natively on a per pixel vertical line basis? Or not?  Yes or no ?