Join now - be part of our community!

TV not powering up from standby after update.

profile.country.GB.title
jabbermack
Explorer

TV not powering up from standby after update.

Ever since the Oreo update, my Bravia TV has not powered up from standby using the remote or the power switch on the rear of the TV.

I am having to pull the lead from the rear of the TV and reboot it.

I have also carried out a complete reset, which has made no difference.

I'm willing to give sony the benefit of the doubt and hopefully sony will sort this out and produce another update.

But going on past experience with other Sony products. I will not be holding my breath.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community. 

So I can try to help, can you let me know the full model number of your TV?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
kevtuck
Explorer

I have the same problem on xe9005. Has only started happening since oreo upgrade. Will there be a fix for this. It seems to be affecting a lot of people looking at the forums.
profile.country.GB.title
fatboyz62

Have the same problem with xe9005, tried a soft and hard reset but still the same.

profile.country.GB.title
Jadesa11y

I also too am experiencing problems since updating. My tv tends to not switch on anymore and plays viva Las Vegas randomly by Elvis when I’m browsing through YouTube. Sony has simply been telling me to factory reset to fix any issues but as I can see I’m not the only one with this infuriating issue I feel like it’s making me consider buying a new tv which I cannot afford it’s probably only 3/4 years old aswell. Problem with factory reset to is my tv is set exactly how I want it so it’s gonna take an hour or so to get it back to how I like it if I do that! 😑 when clearly I’m not the issue anyway there new update is looks lacklustre anyway prefer the old style with more customisation options..

profile.country.GB.title
jabbermack
Explorer

Hi, it is a KD 43XF8096
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I have intermittently had this on both my XG9005 (which is upgraded to Oreo) and XE9005 (which is still on Nougat). Usually powering off the socket for 30s and powering up the TV again resolved it.

Does the TV never switch on from standby now? If you do power the socket off and wait 30s before powering back up does this always work? Will the next standby event cause it not to switch on again?

Cheers,

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

About a month ago I posted my solution to this problem:  removing the USB dongle for my RF mouse.

profile.country.GB.title
kevtuck
Explorer

I too had a USB stick attached to the TV when this was happening. I have removed it and haven't had the problem since. It is still early days though so I cannot say for sure that this has resolved it for me.

The problem was (is) intermittent. Before removing the USB, a full power recycle would resolve for a couple of days then annoyingly the it would return and the TV would not turn on from stand by in the morning after being on standby over night.

profile.country.GB.title
fatboyz62

After reading the comments on here about having a usb stick plugged into the tv I decided to plug the bluetooth receiver for my bluetooth keyboard into a usb port and that seems to have solved the problem ! This is the only device that I have plugged into the usb ports, I dont have a usb stick.