Join now - be part of our community!

XG8305 (2019) advice

profile.country.GB.title
JamesNQ
Explorer

XG8305 (2019) advice

Hi, I am just about to take receipt of a 43" XG8305 as a replacement for my (frankly awful) Samsung Q60r. As I'm limited to 43" I know there are very few mid-level options available. That said, I'm struggling to find ANY reviews for this tv and, from what I read, it seems that despite being a 2019 model, it won't be receiving Android 9! Just wondered if anyone could put my mind at ease that I'm not being sold a lemon here by the company that is replacing my Q60r? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Android release is your only concern? https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/c4a0b4b8c

profile.country.GB.title
JamesNQ
Explorer

The build quality on the Q60r was dreadful. Had to return 2 due to large gaps between screen and (plastic) bezel, causing significant lightbleed from edge. I realise that at 43" there are going to be limitations but that really wasn't acceptable. Just looking for some reassurance that the XG8305 is decent given lack of reviews.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

On the internet there are some review (on rting with a different code X80G for US) and even a comparison for the same model you are comparing on avsforum....