Join now - be part of our community!

Problems after updating my KD-49XD7005

profile.country.DK.title
isteen
Explorer

Problems after updating my KD-49XD7005

Hi, I'm going to try to make a long story a little shorter. I have a Sony TV it has been pretty unwise for a few years. So I called Sony again for help. Apparently I was 6 updates behind with firmware, despite the fact that the TV was trying to update normally on a monthly basis. I received a link emailed, with a description of putting the downloaded file on a USB connector, and updating the screen manually. The screen was updated and the little problems I had before were apparently gone. After a few days, though, I had new nausea on my neck - every 2nd or 3rd time I turned on my TV, started the screen to turn on, off and then restart from scratch, and read Android again. It takes two small minutes to turn on the TV in this way, so you have to be a little cautious (and if a recording of a broadcast is programmed, it can easily be disturbed). For example, when I change channel, the screen turns black for 2-3 seconds before the next channel is displayed. I emailed Sony back where I described the problem. The good woman asked me to record the startup sequence on video and send to them - a video that filled approx. 90 megabytes - so it obviously didn't go through my Gmail. The lady then asked to get the file via OneDrive, so I uploaded and shared. This time the lady could not open the file. I then sent the file through one of these services you can upload the file to, and another person can then download via a shared link. This video could not open the lady. I shared the video with her via my Dropbox, but the woman couldn't see it. I uploaded the file to YouTube but the lady couldn't see the video. Now I've spent part of the day working on this Sony employee, so I sent all the mentioned links to an acquaintance who could watch video from all links - even on a mobile phone, so I wrote back to the Sonydam that the problem was probably at her end, and asked if she could get a colleague to help her. As I had considered, this advice was not received kindly and communication with Sony stopped abruptly. I just attach the link to YouTube and hope for some good advice from any of you https://youtu.be/DzcwlRkJUiM

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What advice do you expect from a video showing an Andorid cold boot ? It could be everything, the easiest one is that the tv was unplugged from power before being start up.... It happens every time? Are you sure you had not have loss of power? Is it attached directly to the wall pug?

profile.country.DK.title
isteen
Explorer

As I explained this happens every second or third time I turn on my tv.

It happened after I updated ty tv, so what advice do I expect?

some kind of help I guess, I thought help was What this was all about

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you are looking for an help unfortunately you have to give information. Your video doesn't tell anything apart from demonstrate that the tv was not in standby and you did not add any answer to the question I have posted to try helping you. 

profile.country.DK.title
isteen
Explorer

Maybe I did not explain myself good enough.
I updated my TV a week ago, and some new problems occurred.
I called Sony Support, and they told me to send me a video of the error.

The problem is, the sometimes when I turn on my TV, it shuts completely
down, and then starts booting up the Android system.
I don't really know how else I can describe it, or explain the problem.
I have removed other connected devices(harddisk, soundbar, BD etc.) and
plugged the TV directsly into the wall socket.

*Steen*
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do you have any VPN or other particular app installed? Did you already reset to factory setting the tv?