Join now - be part of our community!

XBR-49X900E random restarts

profile.country.GB.title
GreatTyler
New

XBR-49X900E random restarts

Hey all,

So a few days ago while watching TV my TV just turned off and would not come back on no matter what I did. I unplugged it a few time tried the physical power button and nothing was happening. Then about 5 minutes later, boom! came back on no problem. I played Xbox all night with no issue, then the next day it happened again except this time it just keeps restarting, sometimes it restarts right away, sometimes it takes a few minutes but every day since that night it will restart after a few minutes of use. Any ideas on what is happening?

Steps I have taken so far-

*Hard reset(Power and volume -) three separate times followed by a factory setting data wipe as the website suggested and it has no effect. It seems to work a little longer after the hard reset but that could just be my mind thinking it does.

*I enabled adb debugging and had two shells running, one was running the top command so I could monitor the resources for a memory leak or something like that, the second was saving off the log info. After the TV restarted I check them and they showed nothing, the log did not point to any issues and the top command showed a lot of memory and cpu was free so I kinda ruled out software.

*I hooked up and voltage meter to the power supply to make sure the brick did not go back and I watched it for 10 minutes and it was a solid 19.5 volts which was perfect.

This is the point of where my knowledge ends and I dont know what to do, I suspect the board might be going back and I reached out to Sony a few times and each time the response was "That sucks, go get it repaired" any idea or suggestions on what I can do. I got this TV in 2018 and its the 2017 model so repairs look like they will cost around $400 for parts and labor and if thats the case im just gonna get a new TV, def not Sony though..... maybe Samsung.

Any info anyone has would be very helpful, the TV is the XBR-49X900E model. Thanks in advance!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your tv is a US model, so you better check on the US community. Nonetheless unfortunately it seems the motherboard from the symptoms...

profile.country.GB.title
GreatTyler
New

You know, I did not even notice im on the uk forum...... sorry lol