Join now - be part of our community!

this may increase power consumption more than the normal configuration

blaQxQ
New

i have a KD-55XH9505

i recently this may increase power consumption more than the normal configuration

upgraded this may increase power consumption more than the normal configuration the firmware this may increase power consumption more than the normal configuration

no seriously. Im getting absolutely wrecked by this message WHATEVER i try to do in the settings. Its insanely obnoxious to confirm OK every time this message popa up for every single thing i want to do. I dont care if the draws 90000000watts. I just want thks message to NEVER appear again! PLEASE HELP

32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.GB.title
AmigaBits
Explorer

I have the exact same issue. It's been reported here too,

v6.5016 Jan 2021 annoying power consumption notification

One of the reasons I got the latest Sony model was for the new UI and the quicker access to these options. With this update it's now more tiresome to adjust the picture settings than my old Sony TV.

I think the power consumption message only needs to be displayed the first time the changes are made. Indeed I first thought there was bug to keep displaying the same message over and over again. Perhaps if we email Sony they'll fix it.

Me too ... is there any way to get rid of this annoying message? Presumably calling someone is impossible. I have to press OK to this power consumption message EVERY time I adjust anything! 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, it appears to be a new setting forced on Sony TVs due to some EU regulations. So far it doesn't seem to have an option to be disabled.

profile.country.GB.title
jdwyer1970
Explorer

This has to be sorted out its driving me nuts. Honestly it shouldn't even be displayed  on a UK TV. (Brexit anyone???) This "forced on you" Euro B.S is a perfect example of why we in the UK  wanted Brexit in the first place. Sort it out Sony your customers in the UK are no longer governed by EU policy and rules. I demand the right to increase the power to my TV via its pic settings whenever I want to withought that B.S pop up appearing all the time 

profile.country.FI.title
dxswxy7h89cewo
Explorer

Same problem here after the last update.

IF this doesn't go away soon I am going to make it my life mission not to buy any Sony products as long as I live.

profile.country.CZ.title
chama-chomo
Explorer

I own XH900 for a couple of months and after last update I'm going nuts because of this message. Hopefully this is a bug introduced with last update and not EU obligation, otherwise I'm going to throw this TV out of my car in front of EU parliament, honestly

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, although the UK is still part of Europe, I say contact Sony and deliver your feedback, they should listen and least find a workaround.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

EU means European Union.

We may be part of Europe, but we are (thankfully) no longer part of the European Union.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.UA.title
Pablo_Blanco
New

This is so effin annoying, I wish I could rollback to previous update. We have a smaller room so I have to adjust the brightness at night not to disturb my significant other and this mofin message is so annoying...this need to be fixed on modern Sony TV *****?! 
I paid 1400 euro to be annoyed by a effin popup message...tu sérieux?