Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Unbelievable isn’t it! Great shout by who discovered it.

Really really disappointed by Sony though, that their engineers couldn’t identify this with resources they have.

Not sure how an app can cause all these problems thought either.
profile.country.GB.title
arjopf
Explorer

My fingers are crossed, TuneIn uninstalled and TV seems to be back to normal for the last few hours...who would have thought that an app would cause such mayhem with Sony TV's.. thank you for the fix and for posting it up, shame Sony didn't try it out and suggest it to their customers once it was posted up here.

profile.country.IE.title
TW1234
Explorer

Yes, so far all still seems ok with it.  We did have two mornings after where when we turned the TV on, it turned itself off and back on again so not sure what that was.  We only have this particular model 5 days so will continue to keep a good eye to it and if there's any more issues/glitches it's going back before the 28 days are up.

Gregcee22
New

Hi

I have this exact issue on my KD55A8. Started 7 days ago. I thought it was Sky but its the tv. Swapping HDMi ports and cables solved the issue for a day and then back to out of sync and crackling distorted sound. Phoned Sony who advised they are working on a fix .

fingers crossed 🤞 

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Someone on here discovered that TuneIn radio is likely to be causing the issue.

So if you have TuneIn radio installed, uninstall it then switch the set off at the mains, leave for a couple of mins and switch on.

Worth a try. Might be quicker than Sony engineers.

profile.country.GB.title
mattcaney
Explorer

I have the same issue with my XH90, I have just spoken to Sony and they have confirmed it is a software issue (although I disagree and wanted them to replace the unit which they wouldnt do until they had applied the fix). The odd thing is that I can factory reset the tv (again) and it works ok for around 3 hours, but then its turning it off and on again. I guess all we can is wait for the update before we can use our very expensive tv's. I thought it was something connected I even put the tv on wifi and that appeared to work and then the crackling.and distortion appeared again. So bloody annoying.

profile.country.GB.title
GPWhittle
Explorer

Have you tried uninstalling the TuneIN app and then powering your TV off at the mains for a couple of minutes?
It has worked for many people (including myself)

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

If you have tunein radio app on your TV, uninstall it and power off TV, it has worked for a lot of us 

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Have you tried the uninstall of the TuneIn radio app, it seems to have worked for others on here.

profile.country.GB.title
mattcaney
Explorer

Thank you have uninstalled the Tune in App and lets see will know it about ten minutes. Might just restart anyone but its ok now.