Join now - be part of our community!

SONY REPLACEMENT TV - NO SCREEN PROTECTION OUT THE BOX

profile.country.GB.title
newarre
New

SONY REPLACEMENT TV - NO SCREEN PROTECTION OUT THE BOX

I am curious if anyone else has experinced this problem. I have a Sony OLED TV (KD55AG9BU). The TV developed a problem with the screen - a white horizontally line accross the screen. Engineers who work in behalf of John Lewis (where I bought the TV) came out inspected it and said it had to be replaced. Ok no problem. The replacement TV turned up a week later. When I unpacked the replacement TV from Sony (delivered via the engineers) from the box the screen had small scrtaches accross it and the frame itself had a small amount of damage. I noticed that the screen had NONE of the protective film on the screen like when you buy one from the shop. One week later the seocnd TV arrives. Again NO protetcive film . I checked the screen and again it has small scratches accross the screen and this time the screen is bowed in several places like a wave . I asked the engineer if the replacement TV's have protetcive film on or am I being fobbed off with a reconditioned TV. He tells me that replacement TV's sent out by Sony have no plug, no remote control (thats fine I re-use the original one) and no protetcive film on the screen. It does have a foam cover and arrives in a box. This TV cost me around £2.8k late last year. I am struggling to understand how Sony would send out a new replacement TV without protetcion over the most delicate part of the appliance. I would be intersted in finding out if anyone else has experienced this.     

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @newarre,

@newarre  schrieb:

the screen is bowed in several places like a wave . 

That is actually normal for TVs with the Acoustic Surface technology. Actuators are placed on the panel itself and yeah, actuate it to play sound trough the panel.

@newarre  schrieb:

He tells me that replacement TV's sent out by Sony have no plug, no remote control (thats fine I re-use the original one) and no protetcive film on the screen. It does have a foam cover and arrives in a box. This TV cost me around £2.8k late last year. I am struggling to understand how Sony would send out a new replacement TV without protetcion over the most delicate part of the appliance. I would be intersted in finding out if anyone else has experienced this.     

With Philips I had the same experience minus the scratched screen. Meaning the panel was probably scratched before it was put into the box for shipping, meaning the foam "bag" wouldn't have made any difference.

Replacement TVs are generally refurbished (like new) devices and not factory new devices. I think it is the same for all TV manufacturers (as far as I am concerned).

- Nic