Join now - be part of our community!

Reboot issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Reboot issues

After updating to Marshmallow, I now have constant rebooting issues. Usually when my kd558507c has first woken, or sometimes just in the middle of watching tv without any warning. I've seen that Sony recommends a factory reset, but I'd really like to find another way out of this problem. I have a Sony bluray player, a sky box and a Sony 860 av amp. None of these devices caused an issue previously. Hoping you guys and girls can help. 

Thanks

jeff

Jeffrey Cooper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Well, it looks like the errant and faulty time capsule was the cause of these reboots. Turned on this morning and no reboot. It's been on all day and hasn't done this again. I'm now getting more confident that this was my issue and that by removing it and replacing with a dumb switch has done the trick. It made no sense as I was one of the fortunate who managed to upgrade to Marshmallow using the first release without any problems. Thank you for all the help, but it looks like I'm going to avoid a factory reset. With my various accounts and personal picture settings I'm really relieved that I don't have to do the destructive reset. Thanks again😀

Jeff

Jeffrey Cooper

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

If it helps, I had successfully upgraded to Marshmallow. The new software version that's causing me problems is 3.865. Also marshmallow, but supposed to fix these problems. Previously, the tv has run flawlessly and it's quality is superb. Just need to get help on this if I can. Does a factory reset really fix this?  If it does, I'm prepared to do it after I've photographed my colour, motion and clarity settings. Guess I'll lose some other stuff but it would be worth it if it stops this. 

Jeffrey Cooper
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The normal troubleshooting process is to do a complete factory reset of the TV.  As this seems to clear many issues even some weird and wonderful ones.  Sony will suggest this as a first step too.  I do recommend you doing so.

However there has also been a couple of complaints about this too.  But before I can pass details onto Sony, its helpful if things can be taken step by step.

Linking to this thread as well:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bug-random-restarts-after-updating-to-6-0-1-v6-1004/td-p/...

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Thanks for the reply. This may possibly be an issue caused by a dying ( now removed ) Apple time capsule that was on the network, and was providing the tv's internet. It caused a massive network storm the like of which I've never seen, and since I took it out of my network, the TVs has been fine. No reboots today and I've been switching between cable, Netflix and YouTube. No crashes or reboots at all. I'll be keeping a close eye on things and I'm not convinced it's fixed,  yet I hope so. If it does start to misbehave again I'll take your advice and perform a factory reset. Thanks again, and I'll post back as soon as I've had a few days without issues. 

Jeff

Jeffrey Cooper
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - Fingers crossed :four_leaf_clover:

profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Well, it looks like the errant and faulty time capsule was the cause of these reboots. Turned on this morning and no reboot. It's been on all day and hasn't done this again. I'm now getting more confident that this was my issue and that by removing it and replacing with a dumb switch has done the trick. It made no sense as I was one of the fortunate who managed to upgrade to Marshmallow using the first release without any problems. Thank you for all the help, but it looks like I'm going to avoid a factory reset. With my various accounts and personal picture settings I'm really relieved that I don't have to do the destructive reset. Thanks again😀

Jeff

Jeffrey Cooper
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @guitarman60

I am glad yours was a relatively simple fix.  Your resolution can also give idea's for others to test/rule-out if they too have this issue.

Cheers

Hi Jeff,

can you recall how you fixed your random rebooting issues - without factory resetting the TV?

Many Thanks

Jamie