Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD65A1 turns on, but then turns off

profile.country.GB.title
kijg19
Explorer

Sony KD65A1 turns on, but then turns off

Hi. This TV has no manual on/off switch on it as it switches on/off using the remote. When i switch the TV on at various times, the TV will switch off and go to the sony android booting up screen with all the coloured circles and dots on it and the picture takes about a minute or so to come back on. This happens at various times after switch on, but only usually happens once a night and then for the rest of the evening the TV stays on. This is quite annoying  and after reading various advice on the internet , I have pulled out the plug for the TV and waited 5 or 10 minutes before putting it back in and i have checked "Updates" to see if my TV is up to date which it is and checked the "Timer " options which i have switched off in any case. The problem about trying to find an answer using the google search box is that a supposed solution comes up, which says to click on a few buttons  and various other options will come up...... but they dont when i do it on my TV !  Please have you any suggestions to stop the TV switching off. Many thanks  Jimmymerlin 

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@kijg19, thank you for updating us, will be waiting for the outcome! 

@Axcroft, thank you for spreading the knowledge! :grin: