Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA Smart 4K Ultra HD

SOLVED
Grapos
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA Smart 4K Ultra HD

Since the software upgrade at the weekend we have lost access to the ITV Hub. If we go into it it asks us to accept something but it will then delete all the satellite settings which we clearly do not want to do. Is there anything we can do to overcome this issue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Grapos wrote:

Since the software upgrade at the weekend we have lost access to the ITV Hub. If we go into it it asks us to accept something but it will then delete all the satellite settings which we clearly do not want to do. Is there anything we can do to overcome this issue please?

That won't have happened just this weekend.

It has always been the case that to get the itv hub (or All4, likewise) you need to accept YouView and its EPG, and it has always been the case that accepting YouView deletes all your satellite settings.

A satellite user's best bet for the itv hub and All 4 is to cast them from a phone or tablet to the Google Chromecast built into these sets.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Grapos wrote:

That won't have happened just this weekend.

It has always been the case that to get the itv hub (or All4, likewise) you need to accept YouView and its EPG, and it has always been the case that accepting YouView deletes all your satellite settings.

A satellite user's best bet for the itv hub and All 4 is to cast them from a phone or tablet to the Google Chromecast built into these sets.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Grapos
Explorer

Thank you for the response. I will download Youview and delete my satellite settings
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Grapos wrote:
Thank you for the response. I will download Youview and delete my satellite settings

Cheers!

May your sacrifice be always well worth it to you.