Join now - be part of our community!

49X8309 or 49XD8305

cljones40
Explorer

49X8309 or 49XD8305

Which is the better TV, I have both and only want to use one myself.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@cljones40 wrote:

Which is the better TV, I have both and only want to use one myself.

If you can't see a difference, it doesn't matter which one you use 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
cljones40
Explorer

One is still in the box.  I want to keep one for myself and put the other elsewhere.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@cljones40 wrote:

One is still in the box.  I want to keep one for myself and put the other elsewhere.

I'd keep the HDR one.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

@royabrown wrote:

I'd keep the HDR one.

Same :slight_smile:  The KD-49XD8305.

cljones40
Explorer

OK - Thank You :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Quinnicus wrote:

@royabrown wrote:

I'd keep the HDR one.

Same :slight_smile:  The KD-49XD8305.

Give a man a fish.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

royabrown wrote

Give a man a fish.....

@royabrown - I dont understand??  Care to elaborate or am I being thick?

PS: Id rather be taught fishing than be given a fish....

Edit 3: I think I understand now !!

cljones40
Explorer

@royabrown -

One TV is HD and the other HDR, otherwise they seem to be fairly similar.

I want to keep the best one of the two but wasn't sure which this was as they are both still a similar price, despite one being a year older.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@cljones40 wrote:

@royabrown -

One TV is HD and the other HDR, otherwise they seem to be fairly similar.

I want to keep the best one of the two but wasn't sure which this was as they are both still a similar price, despite one being a year older.

@cljones40

One thing you could do, which I was hinting at perhaps too obliquely, is go the the Sony UK website, look up each TV in turn, and obtain (perhaps print out) the Full Specification of each.

i don't think you can get both of them on the same screen to do a compare, as one is 2015, but the full spec is still available under Support, when the set no longer comes up as something Sony are still selling.

Specs aren't everything, of course, but absent anyone having a gotcha with one of these and not the other - and a gotcha that all sets of that model have, not just a one-off issue - or anyone having, or having had both to compare - which you are in a better position than any of us to do, I daresay, though you want to keep the box sealed, so you can't - then comparing specs is likely to be your best option.

Especially as both are Sonys, and thus have a strong family resemblance, even if one is stronger and more handsome than the other.

HD, of course, is High Definition, 2K as compared with UHD, Ultra High Definition, 4K.

HDR isn't 'more HD', it stands for High Dynamic Range, a wider spread of colours and a much greater range of contrast.

And where are you making your price comparison? If on the Sony RRPs, it is worth remembering that sets get cheaper by the year, so this year's £900 set will have a better spec than last year's £900 set, whose true equivalent this year is probably more like £700-£800 now.

To me, keeping the HDR set and letting the other one slide is a no-brainer.....