Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-49X8309C will not power on sometimes

profile.country.GB.title
Andyrcurren
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-49X8309C will not power on sometimes

Hi,

I've had the TV (KD-49X8309C) for little over 4 years now pretty trouble free, however this week it has started playing up. The set is normally left on standby therefore not powered off at the socket. Earlier this week the TV would not come out of standby after a few attempts with the remote and the buttons on the rear of the TV. I powered this off and it would not power back on. So I moved it to get a spare TV. I left the power disconnected for an hour or so and plugged it back in a different socket and then it powered up. So I moved it back to its original socket and it came on fine, so tried unplugging and re-plugging in and again nothing. After a while it powered back on after switching the socket on and off about 10 minutes, but would only show the Sony logo, this faded out and would not go any further to the Android logo. 

After a number of powering off and on I could get the set to load past the Sony logo. If I power it off it can take a lot of attempts to get this to load up. Last night I left it on standby and which it came on fine this morning. I have then tried to unplug it and then plug it back and now it won't even load the Sony logo at all with no LED or anything. I have tried leaving this off and unplugged for about 15 minutes but still won't power up. Sometimes when the Sony logo came on the LED didn't, if the LED came on then it would start the Android load screen and start up OK.

I'm not convinced this is the power supply board, although I'm no expert. Question is, if this is the power supply board I could probably get one and fit it, but if it's the A board or main board then this could be more costly and perhaps not a feasible cost effective fix. 

Is anyone able to offer any advice?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
8arboleas
New

Hi Andy, whilst not a solution, but I have exactly the same problem with the same TV, at the stage where it only the four Sony circles show, a suggested solution to reboot was to:

Turn off the TV

Hold in the volume down and the power button at the same time on the TV (not the remote)

Turn power back on and when green light appears in the sensor at the front of the TV release both buttons.

Hope you are able to resolve and if anyone else has a proven solution please let me know

Regards

P

profile.country.GB.title
Andyrcurren
Explorer

Hi thanks for your reply.

I have tried the reset using the volume down and power button but there is just nothing happening at all now, I wonder if something has been on its way "out" for some time and now it has finally given up. I've even left it off again for over half an hour and tried to power it up but there is nothing, no LED, no Sony logo now.

profile.country.GB.title
Jenks970
Explorer

Hello I’ve got the same problem. My Sony 

KD-49X8309C tv will only turn on to the four circles and then turn off again. The white led light where the Sony badge is just flickers on and off. Can anyone help please? 

profile.country.GB.title
Andyrcurren
Explorer

Hi, in the end I had to have the main board and power supply board replaced luckily I found out my TV was under warranty, this has been fixed and so far has been OK.