Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 55 inch OLED TV power cable

profile.country.GB.title
Gozoman

Sony Bravia 55 inch OLED TV power cable

I've just bought a Sony Bravia 55 inch OLED TV which I want to wall mount. I need to replace the power cable as the one supplied is not long enough to reach the power outlet. My problem is, don't laugh, I can't get the old cable out. Seriously is there some trick to removing these? I contacted Sony UK and they said that yes the cable does come out and they sent some silly diagram. I have no idea what the diagram is supposed to show! I've tried pulling it with no joy. I've tried pushing it from side to side and up and down and pulling it with no joy. I've even tried pulling it with pliers, still no joy. This is a £1400 TV so the last thing I want to do is damage it so can someone tell me how to get this cable out? IMG_5360.jpg

33 REPLIES 33

PXL_20210506_150351986.jpg

What lies beneath....Hard wired in. One screw removes the cover. I wanted to put mine on the book shelf where the old TV was. Ended up enlarging the cable sized holes in the shelf to plug sized holes to feed through from the tv to the socket as didn't want to mess with the tv internal wiring or cut off and replace the Sony plug. 

profile.country.GB.title
Mamclaughlin
New

Hi 

did you manage to remove power cable? We have same tv and have just installed a new tv /media unit where socket is below shelf on which tv sits. The slot to feed through the plug and cable is a small(ish) rectangle so need to remove cable!

profile.country.GB.title
Gozoman

No it's hard wired so in my case I ran an extension cable and connected up that way. In your case as you won't be able to remove the cable and without having to cut a plug sized hole in the media unit, why not just cut out a slot for the cable.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@coventryautomatic @Gozoman @Mamclaughlin 

Don't those little white connectors where the power cable goes in just flip up?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…