Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 55 inch OLED TV power cable

profile.country.GB.title
Gozoman

Sony Bravia 55 inch OLED TV power cable

I've just bought a Sony Bravia 55 inch OLED TV which I want to wall mount. I need to replace the power cable as the one supplied is not long enough to reach the power outlet. My problem is, don't laugh, I can't get the old cable out. Seriously is there some trick to removing these? I contacted Sony UK and they said that yes the cable does come out and they sent some silly diagram. I have no idea what the diagram is supposed to show! I've tried pulling it with no joy. I've tried pushing it from side to side and up and down and pulling it with no joy. I've even tried pulling it with pliers, still no joy. This is a £1400 TV so the last thing I want to do is damage it so can someone tell me how to get this cable out? IMG_5360.jpg

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Gozoman 

Copy the diagram here. Maybe we can make sense of it for you.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Gozoman

Okay thanks. I can't make out from this if it pushes straight into the back of the TV or pushes in sideways. And if it is sideways I still can't get it to move!IMG_5363.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Gozoman 

If that’s a CAM card at the top of the diagram, it is showing insertion, so I would presume that the diagram is also showing insertion of the mains cable.

In which case, you should be moving it to the right, along the line of the back of the set, and when it has moved a little way, I would expect it to be able to be lifted horizontally away from the set, at right angles to the back of it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

I'm sure that cable is built in.

You can see the extra "frame" around the actual cable head, and the same will be inside the tv, to stop it being pulled out, or pushed in.

That panel around the lead, will have to be screwed/popped off, and cable slid upwards(well, it's up on your photo) and removed, but warranty voided.

They used to be a screw nearby that would cause the panel to be removable, then the cable slides out of the top(photo), some were sides as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Gozoman

That's what I got from looking at it too but there is little if any movement to the right or the left and either way it doesn't pull out. I mean why do they have to make the removal of a power cord into a drama? With any other TV I have had you simply pull it out! Hopefully someone on here has one of these sets and can solve the problem. Looking at it closely it appears to push straight in rather than go in sideways so I can't understand why it won't come out. The other point here is that the lead was attached when I opened the box which is unusual as the power leads are usually in a bag which made me think it was a static lead, but according to Sony it does come out.

profile.country.GB.title
Gozoman

Starting to think you may be right, but then why are Sony saying that it comes off? I'll contact Sony again as it's driving me nuts.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

It's built in..not removable.

it slides up when the panel is removed around it.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@Gozoman wrote:

Starting to think you may be right, but then why are Sony saying that it comes off? I'll contact Sony again as it's driving me nuts.

Because they have looked at the picture thats all.

profile.country.GB.title
Gozoman

I didn't send them a picture, I simply supplied them with the model numbeer and serial number thinking they would know their own products.