Join now - be part of our community!

Problem connecting the TV via Media player and Receiver

profile.country.GB.title
ALOoONE
Explorer

Problem connecting the TV via Media player and Receiver

hi guys

I have Sony X900F 65 connecting to the Receiver ( ONKYO 575E) with Media player (ZIDOO Z10 ) All link with HDMI CABLE My problem is that it dropping out for less than a second (disconnected)

This video while watching may explain the problem further because my English is not very good

Used hdmi 1&2 all same

HDMI signal format

-Standrad format ( not alot of dropping out just Once or twice While watching , In the content 4K HDR I did not watch it dropping out So far )

-Enhanced format ( alot of dropping out every 10 min )

I hope the problem is clear
Perhaps there are options to be made
I hope to find a solution
Thanks to all

Uploaded by AHMED ALSHAMMARI on 2019-07-06.
Uploaded by AHMED ALSHAMMARI on 2019-07-01.
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi ALOoONE,

I'll just see if I can find out anything, but someone else in the community may be able to advise in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
ALOoONE
Explorer

Ok thank you Pascale :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Hi, Have you tried a different HDMI lead, as usually picture drop out and issues is caused by either a faulty HDMI cable or one which is not capable of the high data transfer rate of the enhanced format.
profile.country.GB.title
ALOoONE
Explorer

Yes, I tried all the hdmi
And I bought a wire from this company https://cutt.us/fEoku

The media player has a feature (Switch frame rate and resolution )
Is it possible to be the reason !

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Not sure, can you set the media player to a fixed output? I assume switch means that it will automatically display the content in its required resolution (720p, 1080p, 4K etc) and let the TV upscale?. Normally if you want it to be 4K I would set the media player to a fixed 4K (3840 x 2160 or 4096 x 2160). What options does the media player give for screen resolution and refresh rate output settings?
profile.country.GB.title
ALOoONE
Explorer

Yes, your assumption is correct , and it has many options like

image hostimage host

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Not sure what to suggest as it seems the switching is to do with frame rate options, you could try experimenting with those, although even the resolutions look like you can change them to match the content being played.

The best thing to try it to make sure perhaps the resolution and refresh rate matches the content you play? For example if the file is 24fps make sure its set to 3840 x 2160p @ 24Hz. It might be a mismatch between what the player is set to and what the video is playing for example. If the content is a video encoded at 3840 x 2160p @ 50fps but you have it set at 60hz there is a mismatch. I don't know how automatic switching is on your media player is of it it forces those that output. This could explain the blanking. (or not) :slight_smile:

I am pretty much guessing at this point. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@ALOoONE 

Looking at the link you gave to the cable you bought, I see that Amazon offer free product support on it. If you bought it recently, it might be worth availing yourself of that support.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
ALOoONE
Explorer

@ stormyuk 

Thank you for your reply
I turned off the switch and the video played badly (not Smooth)I will try to choose dimensions and frame