Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W805C stuck in reboot cycle

profile.country.LV.title
patciantar
Explorer

KDL-55W805C stuck in reboot cycle

To whom it may concern,

My Sony KDL-55W805C yesterday seemed to have gotten stuck in a reboot cycle and is not turning on. The white LED light turns on for a few seconds then turns back off and repeats this infinitely. I have tried pressing up arrow and power button together but nothing happens, I have also pressed volume down and power button and LED turns green for a few seconds, turns off and then it resumes doing the infinite reboot cycle again. I have also tried downloading the firmware on a USB and inserting it into both USB ports and power cycling the TV and it had no effect whatsoever. TV was purchased November 29th 2016.

Kind regards, Patrick Ciantar

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
onunez
Explorer

• I'm having exactly the same problem, did someone could fix this problem??
  • Thanks
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @onunez,

From your description it sounds to me that your TV has the same hardware fault as all others. Unfortunately hardware faults are related to parts which require a repair shop to service. If your TV is still under warranty the repair service will be offered  free of charge. Else you will receive a quote from the service shop for the repair cost which depending on the current value of your TV might not be worth spending.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
onunez
Explorer

Hi Dutchice,

First.. thanks for  your prompt answer.

Unfortunately my TV is out of warranty (6 months), if you don't mind I need to ask a couple more questions:

1. Based on your experience why you think parts need to be replaced?

2. Could you please mention some of these parts, any internal board, LEDs?

I know this could be hard to answer without a proper tech evaluation but if some of these parts are expensive then maybe it doesn't make sense to fix it, instead I will have a fancy and thin fish tank.

Sorry for my sarcastic comment but I'm a little disappointed.........

Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
omphii
Explorer

Hi. Got exactly the same problem with my KDL-43W755C, bought in Nov 2016. Woke up in the morning and TV was already doing the endless reboot cycle shenanigans on me (possibly all night). Since it's out of warranty and contracted service which sony recommended is bloody expensive, I would appreciate any clues at all. Maybe someone with similar problem gave it out to warranty service and was told what was the problem? Anything... 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @onunez,

Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. The specific components that turn defective by time are integrated on the mainboard. You are not able to solder electronic integrated circuits onto the mainboard yourself, even if you were able to get a hold of the individual components. These type of components are soldered in the factory by highly accurate SMT machines.
  2. To fix the TV yourself you will therefor be required to replace the complete mainboard of the TV. If you have the skills to replace the mainboard yourself, you could place an order for your TV's mainboard here for £208.51 ex. VAT.

I totally understand your disappointed and I also agree with you that a Sony TV certainly must last considerably longer.

Note however that if you were to walk in any TV repair shop in the UK, there will be no single brand of TV (in need for repair) which will form a clear majority in the shop. All TV manufacturer brands rely on the quality of components which are delivered by third-party suppliers. Unfortunately despite extremely high quality assessments in the selection process of third-party suppliers, at times certain components delivered by third-party suppliers prove not to meet the high quality standards expected by Sony. The reason why Sony pro-actively monitors the lifecycle expectancy of its products in order to identify shortcomings in assessment methods and rectify them for future acquisition of components from third-party suppliers.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
onunez
Explorer

Hi Dutchice,

I do agree, thankfully I have access to rework/repair soldering tools and machines, I'm a Manufacturing Engineer for a world leader electronic  company (US company)  with a facility here in Costa Rica.

That's why is even more frustrating when you have the some knowledge and tools but everything what I found in internet looks to me doesn't resolve this problem, since I believe this is  a software problem, I also contacted Sony latinoamerica after had a chat with Sony USA (based on their recommendation), following their standard methods and guess what NO answer back from them 6 days later after I contacted them.........

I also called to a couple "approved" Sony repair shops here, listed in his webpage,  and after 1 minute conversation I realized these guys don't have a clue what I'm taking about, the only thing they now for sure is the initial revision payment (~100 usd)  this price based on the size of your TV......... yes even more ridiculous............

Well........ Anyhow thank you so much for your help.... at least I shared my frustration with a stranger that is thousand miles away.

Pura Vida,

Orlando.

profile.country.GB.title
onunez
Explorer

Hi omphii,

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything yet, please see my answer to Dutchice in this same post.

Mine is a KDL55w805C....... Fancy fish tank we have now..... At least we could  watch Nemo in this TV.....FOR EVER...

Please let me know if you find something.

Pura Vida,

Orlando.

profile.country.GB.title
omphii
Explorer

Hi onunez,

I found some local tv repair service and based on my description over the phone, the guy told me it might be some smd memory chip, that needs to be taken out and reprogrammed externally.. But since they were on holiday and I was eager to fix it I started looking for the whole mainboard. I was lucky enough to find new one from a Tv damaged during transport for 58$. It was a bit diffrent model than mine but the part nr was the same (1-893-880-11). I'm pretty sure you have the same one in yours. I've installed it in my TV, put newest firmware on a clean USB drive and it works like a charm ever since :slight_smile: You can switch between TV models in your service mode if you get board from a diffrent tv. I'm not sure if this info helps you at all but good luck with your fancy fish tank :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

Tom

Hi everybody,

I have the exact same model (purchased in October 2016) and the same issue described. It is out of warranty so I opened it up but the part number of the main board is different, my PCB part number was 1-980-805-31, whilst everywhere in here and also in general online the main PCB for this tv model is 1-893-880-11. Could you please advise whether you think the item would be compatible, or how to best address the issue? I cannot seem to find my part number from any supplier.

Thanks in advance!

profile.country.GB.title
Pajanos98
Explorer

Hi, I have the same problem with my Android-tv KDL-55W755C (almost identical to W805C) . My PCB is 1-980-805-31, screen T550HVF06.0 I tried main board with the same part number , but from KDL-55W807C (screen T550HVF06.1), but without success - tv was completely dead. When I'm looking for the new PCB in internet, the most W755C were produced with 1-893-880-11 (screen nr is identical). Can I use this another part number?  Thanx :slight_smile: