Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W809C - Satellite channels re-sorting themselves

tleddy
Explorer

KDL-50W809C - Satellite channels re-sorting themselves

This TV is such a disappointment. In addition to the problems already mentioned I've having an annoying problem with satellite channels which I wonder if there's a fix for.

The TV has scanned Astra 2E and picked up the free to air channels. No issues there.

I sort the channels in my order of preference. The interface for doing this is a bit clunky, but it works.

Now for the really annoying part. A number of days later, the channels will revert to their original position when first tuned in. I've no idea why it's doing this. I haven't rescanned the satellite or touched the satellite tuning or channel order in any way. It's done this on me about 4 times in the space of three weeks.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a fault or just a setting I need to change?

I've sent a message to Sony support but as expected have received no response.

71 REPLIES 71
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Anonymous

This works for me and Satellite Channels Re-Sorting Itself Automatically.

Go on testing

Thank you Quinnicus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Potential Work-Around:

At current, there is a work-around that may prevent the satellite channels from re-sorting itself.  You will need to setup the TV again (via Initial setup or Factory reset) and set the TVs country to either 'Other' or ' - '.  See instructions below:

1. Press the [Home] button on the remote control and goto Settings > 1-2-3 Initial Setup
  2. Follow the process as instructed.
  3. At the "Select Country" Screen - select either "OTHER" or "-"  (The idea is that you do not select any country)  See Screenshot
    image002.jpg
  4. Continue with any instructions on screen
  5. Re-sort your TV channels in the order you wish
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Its almost one week of testing and its OK.

Time must be set manually after that from Settings - Date & time.

There a small delay after every reboot, 15 to 20 seconds, until TV gets region time. GMT is displayed by that time.

Exporting and importing channel list also needs to readjust your local time.

I think a simple option for LCN On/Off for both receivers can solve this annoying issue. SONY must ADD this.

Another temporary solution could be given from German programmer of SonyEditor or the German SetEdit company so that LCN could be managed by this program.

Also @svansvan could possibly add LCN On/Off as an option inside his SDBeditor program.

Thanks @Anonymous

Davedemi
Explorer

I have tried the latest fix but this still does not work. The Chanel sorting is triggered instantaneous with a few channels. I save the channel list and then reload after auto sorting occurs. After this happens I loose  the order of channels as soon as I go to any channel on a specific transponder.

Hope this helps further. It feels like the tv is trying to be too smart!!!! It must sense that the transponder has an update and therefore retunes the transponder and then returns all deleted channels on that transponder. This continues later on all transponders. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Davedemi

Can you also try turning OFF the "Satellite Auto Service Update" as this 'should' prevent the channels being re-scanned over-night.  In conjuction with the work-around fix above?

Cheers

Davedemi
Explorer

In technical setup I've put the following off:

Auto service update

service replacement

in guide set-up I've put update guide in standby to off

In satellite set-up the satellite auto service update, general satellite is off

Still the phenomenon occurs

your help in the matter is greatly appreciated 

Davedemi
Explorer

I checked the suddenly missing channels with Sony editor and these channels and all the transponder channels can be found at the back of the list. The ch id is different to original, also the channel name. This is something that happens to some channels like Rai 3Hd becomes Rai Gulp Hd during the day! Probably Sony tv can't understand that the Chanel can change name but not frequency so automatically deletes transponder and re tunes it automatically giving new channel numbers!

Also I noticed the guide is not helping. When I re load the channels, the tv restarts and the list is correct if I scroll using the +/- ch button but when I go into guide the old unsorted list can be seen! Then by exiting and re entering it resets all guide order.

Too smart for its own good. Simple sometimes is better!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Davedemi

I had/have exactly the same issue in Greece. We are reporting this to Sony since December 2015. Quinnicus helps also here in this forum but this seems that is an issue that not concerns Sony UK since they have different TV systems than rest Europe( Greece Germany Italy etc) with result not to be able to help too much. Ther are also reports and complaints in Germany. Sony Greece DOES NOT care. I have reported by mail many times and their only answer is "Dear bla bla bla, your case number is bla bla bla ...." and nothing more.

Quinnicus work around solution works for my TV but only for Channel sorting-indexing. Not for deleted channel re-appearing if a channel of same TP is accessed. All deleted channels "come back". Also, first access of General Satellite gives an error of "No signal. Please check your antenna connection" if TV was previously reboot while watching Digital(DVB-T). What is disabled in my settings - digital-setup :

• Technical Set-up both Auto Service Update and Service Replacement are Off.
  • Satellite Set-up - Auto Service Update - General Satellite is Off.
  • Date & time in System preferences is Automatic date & time to Off
  • Time is on Set time zone to GMT+ xx:00, Eastern European Standard Time

What I believe is that they are not going to fix with an LCN option or something else, because they can't. TV and selected hardware Tuners where designed and selected to work that way and they cannot change this.

profile.country.GB.title
barsoy74
Explorer

You ROCK:smileywin:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

MiCal1967 schrieb:
What I believe is that they are not going to fix with an LCN option or something else, because they can't. TV and selected hardware Tuners where designed and selected to work that way and they cannot change this.

It has nothing to do with the hardware. It can easily be fixed in software. Sony is just miserable at developing software...