Join now - be part of our community!

KD65X8500F won't turn on without a power cycle

profile.country.AU.title
ohaddad
Explorer

KD65X8500F won't turn on without a power cycle

A recently purchased KD65X8500F, working fine for the last few month, all off a sudden has an issue were when it is on standby for a while, usually over night, it won't turn on without a power cycle.

No response when trying the power button on the remote or on the TV itself.

After tunring the power at the outlet off and back on, the TV responds normally to the remote or power button.

Is this in anyway related to known issues with other Bravia TVs?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jutler123

Hey ohaddad,

I 'was' (and I use the term was very lightly) getting this exact same issue on my 55XE8596 since upgrading to Oreo.  A pattern I found more frequently that not, was if I powered the TV off whilst I was still in the Netflix app, thats when this would happen most.  If I exited the Netflix app and then powered off the TV, I cant remember ever seeing this issue.  But I am having other issues with my TV (YouTube just wont work), so I have since reset the TV.  I havent had the issue reoccur, but its still very early days so a reset may not actually have helped.

profile.country.AU.title
ohaddad
Explorer

Thanks, I will keep this in mind of the problem resurfaces but for the time being I have reset the TV and ran the updates. So far so good.