Join now - be part of our community!

KD65A1 wont turn on

profile.country.GB.title
NeerajK
Explorer

KD65A1 wont turn on

Hi there,

I've recently returned from holiday and found that my TV wont turn on any more. When I press the power button on the side of my remote the white light at the bottom of the TV comes on but nothing else. I have tried turning it off at the plug for 5 minutes and turning it back on but no difference. I was wondering if anyone else had any tips or solutions as to what this may be.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@NeerajK 

Can you turn the TV on using the buttons on the back of the set? If so, this will be the easiest fix.

Failing that, though, since the TV does seem to be responding to the remote, point this at the TV and hold down the On button on the remote for just over five seconds.

In normal operation, this will cause the TV to soft reboot, and I am hoping it will do that here, and perhaps come back to life.

If you get the TV responding by either method above, the next thing I would do is a full Factory Reset.

If the TV doesn’t respond though, try a Forced Factory Reset, which can be done on the buttons on the back of the TV itself, even if it won’t turn on.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
NeerajK
Explorer

Thanks for this, unfortunately it hasn’t done anything.
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Sorry, I posted prematurely, please look at the further advice now in that posting.

profile.country.GB.title
NeerajK
Explorer

Thanks for that,

I’ve read the post and followed the instructions. Unfortunately it still doesn’t work. The white light at the bottom just keeps flashing.
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Even the Forced Factory Reset?

If this doesn’t work, your set needs service attention.

Where did you buy it from, when, and is it still under warranty?

profile.country.GB.title
NeerajK
Explorer

Just to further add to this, it never gets to the welcome screen when I do the factory reset. The LED goes green, goes white, and then the TV turns off never to turn on again. This wasn't the case before I went on holiday and the TV hasn't been used for 2 weeks!