Join now - be part of our community!

Kd55a1 randomly won't turn on after Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

Kd55a1 randomly won't turn on after Oreo update

Hi guys .

I recently updated to Oreo and every 3-4 days been I get up the TV won't power on. I suspected batteries in the remote but they're fine and the button on the tv also does nothing 

I've tried doing different length presses etc with no result.

If I unplug the TV for a few minutes then plug it back in everything is fine  

After this happened a couple of times I tried a factory reset and all seemed OK but this morning it did it again. 

If any one can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to have to do another warranty replacement as the last was frustrating to say the least. To make it worse I haven't even had the TV a year! 

Thanks

Tony

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.RO.title
snapisrl

same here my 55fx9005 what hapens ??

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue  

Doing a little thinking it seems to do it when the TV has been left on hdmi2 when turned off for the night if it was last on an app such as netflix which is the usual case with my TV it's gone. I'll try again later and see if I can trigger it  

profile.country.RO.title
snapisrl

I do not think that's a reason for that joy.
you should be happy that there is no such thing as this
profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

I didn't mean it as I was happy more that if its affecting more users there's a higher chance it will be fixed faster

profile.country.RO.title
snapisrl

last night, I had a deal.
I gave the remote control to turn on the TV and did not leave the new one month tv that I ate to make big mistake.
I changed the batteries, I pressed all the time for nothing, then I took off the plug left 30 seconds and put into the socket.
I clicked on the remote and waited about 30 seconds until the sony logo came on and then started the android system.
and another problem that I have after the update does not connect but hard to wifi on 5 g though it instantly connect to the original 7 android.
I need to connect manually and 5 g appears when I find it and then connects then disappears out of the area then appears again and so many times, squeeze the password and after some attempts it connects.
if i could gladly come back to android 7 but i understand that i can not. uffffffffffff

@Itstonyb wrote:

I didn't mean it as I was happy more that if its affecting more users there's a higher chance it will be fixed faster

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

A quick update on this. 

It seems it was the usb stick that was connected  Since removing it the issue hasn't returned  

I suspected it did to the fact the TV would randomly bring up the pop up as if it had just been connected. 

profile.country.GB.title
igorstaro1
Explorer

It`s August now and the problem is still there. Just updated my 55xe8596 and it is the same problem. I have to unplug and plug in the tv each and every time. Shame.

profile.country.PE.title
jcstoll
Explorer

Same problem with mine.  Has any solution been found during this months?  This is frustrating.

profile.country.GB.title
igorstaro1
Explorer

That actually worked for me. 3 days in a row the tv works perfect, can't believe that it was the USB.

Thanks a lot