Join now - be part of our community!

kD 49XD7005 New update

profile.country.GB.title
Sean2093

kD 49XD7005 New update

Been in phone to Sony about this new update.since I’ve updated tv it keeps rebooting.somy says I need to take to tech person.but warranty ran out so I’ve got to pay.theres no way I’m paying it’s sony fault sending updates out with bugs in.got to wait for phone call tomorrow see what the outcome is.
26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Got a response after taking to twitter.

the email was ended as if it was a threat.

Dear Mr. Neal,

This response is being sent on behalf of Sony Management.

Unfortunately we disagree with your assessment that the updating of of firmware package has conclusively caused your television to encounter a fault. 

Furthermore, your product is currently beyond the standard manufacturer's warranty which was sold with the television. This expired in 09.2017.

Nevertheless, we can acknowledge that your product seems not to have lasted as long as we anticipate our products to perform to a satisfactory standard.

It is our understanding from your previous email that your retailer have agreed to cover the cost of repair for this product. You may of course proceed with this outcome if you wish.

Alternatively, in recognition of your frustration as a customer of Sony, we would be willing to negotiate a time-valued buy-back on your faulty product. This would not amount to a full refund of the product, however we would be willing to calculate a depreciation value if it is something which you are interested in. Any offer would be contingent upon collection of the faulty product by our service partners.

If you feel that this response is inadequate, you may use the following link to get in touch with your local Trading Standards Bureau:

This is our final response regarding the matter, and further discourse will not be addressed. We will leave our offer open for the next thirty days should you wish to take us.

With kind regards,

Stefan
SONY CRO TEAM
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Basically I got a quote for repair, AO have offered to pay for that. Sony .. have ignored me until I’ve taken to twitter. 

profile.country.GB.title
ancaise

i’ve  now had the standard reply from support , if in warranty call us or take to a shop and pay repair.

same as you guys, stopped working after auto update.

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

The fault lies with Sony. Do not give up until they take stock of the situation. My case has been.. "resolved".. some costs reimbursed and the TV taken away and no explanation given. Avoid Sony Tvs

profile.country.GB.title
ancaise

they have offered to look at the case now but John Lewis are telling us it is a known issue and are awaiting a SONY fix!

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Good to hear. Sony are hoping they don’t get too much backlash on this

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
ancaise

The issue is now resolved.

There was another router on the home network, which been there for 2 years! with DHCP turned off but used to extend the wireless to a downstairs room. We were using a wired connection and both routers were connected to the same network switches.

The TV was definitely connecting to the main router as we could see it in the logs. It then briefly got an internet then disconnected.

After the software update, something must have changed that is now checking around the network and found the other router as it was delivering the same gateway address.

As we can recreate, happy to run any traces / logs / SDK traces for Sony if required.

This is resolved for us now, thank you for your time.

Regards

Andy