Join now - be part of our community!

ITVX app 'error occurred' message

profile.country.GB.title
Steve271
Explorer

ITVX app 'error occurred' message

ITVX app was fine until yesterday (12 April). Sony TV Model is KD-49XH8505. Suddenly icon has changed from ITVX to ITV for no apparent reason and I'm getting a message which reads: "Update to ITVX. Some features may be limited in this version of the app. Please update the ITVX app from your app store. An error has occurred. ObjectfromEntries is not a function."

Have tried everything but it's apparently not possible to uninstall and reinstall unless I do a factory reset. Sony won't refer it up unless I do a factory reset first. Don't want to do that as I can't recall all the passwords from when we set up things like Amazon Prime, Now etc etc and so getting by casting via chromecast from tablet, which is OK but a bit cumbersome and shows that the problem is with the inner workings of the TV. Has anyone with a similar model found a way of sorting this? Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
alanfcox
Explorer

I have same problem and been trying to fix it for hours without any luck - just carried out a new install and still the same - very frustrating……

profile.country.GB.title
pippypower
Explorer

I’ve also got the same problem on my Sony KD-49XG9005 TV. I’ve also reported the problem to Sony. I’ve tried a factory reset, but still no good.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all it may be worth Tweeting ITVX  Help about this too.

(I don't use Twitter.)

profile.country.GB.title
pippypower
Explorer

I reported to Sony earlier today and now my ITVX app on TV seems to be working - Result!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Great :slight_smile:

It will be interesting to see if it was something on ITVX's end.

profile.country.GB.title
pippypower
Explorer

Is yours working?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi, I don't use ITV X but yes it's working today without the error message (although I was able to press 'continue'

on the error message yesterday and it still worked.)

What version do you have?  I'm running  V 3.64.0 

I'm wondering if ITV updated the app.

profile.country.GB.title
HarshReality

Miraculously mine has started working also

profile.country.GB.title
Frantastic70
Explorer

Same her although I got an ***** on the chat line said it must be my internet I said no as others have logged the fault on your support page.  

profile.country.GB.title
HarshReality

I just wrote a load of stuff in here but then had to go look bits up. Came back and this ***** ***** website has blanked it all out and just it. Sony are just as ***** when it comes to websites as TV software.

Synopsis. iPlayer was updated to a build from 13/4/23 16:41. So something has been updated

Itvx same version on Sony and my LG TV. However my5 and all4 apps are miles behind on the Sony.

It's unclear what the relationship between YouView and Sony Select is. 

It's a mess and you shouldn't even need to care