Join now - be part of our community!

ITV hub and All 4

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mariner70

ITV hub and All 4

I am currently unable to access the ITV hub or All 4 on my new 55 AF8. I can use IPlayer and other apps, so my internet connection is OK. ITV hub will not load and All 4 loads and displays content but will not play it, citing a playback error. I was also unable to register the TV online using the registration App and a cheery message from BT was displayed telling me that I was now connected to my home hub.

i can see that others have experienced similar problems, but they all seem slightly different. I have tried all the usual factory resets and so forth.

any guidance and suggestions will be appreciated. Surely Sony aren’t selling a product that is just plain faulty.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mariner70

For reasons known only to Sony and my ISP (BT), last night the EPG was fully populated, All4 and ITV hub were up and running, and All is now well.

baffled!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

To access the ITV Hub and All 4 apps you will need to enable YouView on your TV.  You can see more details about the YouView Overview and Setup here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Mariner70

Hi Sean

thanks for that.

i have YouView enabled and the EPG remains largely unpopulated and All 4 remains unavailable. I only have low broadband speeds, but they are sufficient for streaming so that shouldn’t be an issue.

regards,

David

profile.country.GB.title
gingerblack

Hi,

Did you perform a full factory reset?

I had issues with All4 and my EPG with the channel logos missing and the guide not fully popualting especially HD channels, do you have these issues?

Nothing but a full factory reset worked for me. 

profile.country.GB.title
Mariner70

I may well have to do a reset. I was trying to avoid it, as the telly is only a week old but maybe I’ll end up doing just that. I’m using it mostly to display the output from a Humax pvr so its not too much of an issue. It’s just irritating when you’ve paid good money.

profile.country.GB.title
Mariner70

For reasons known only to Sony and my ISP (BT), last night the EPG was fully populated, All4 and ITV hub were up and running, and All is now well.

baffled!

profile.country.GB.title
Andy17784

Did you ever get it sorted I’ve disabled and enabled you view still nothing l, it only brings up iplayer and my5 ? 

Piscie
Community Team

Hi, it seems to be a software issue, make sure to update your software to the latest version.