Join now - be part of our community!

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

SOLVED
chrgray

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

KD-65X8509C bought within the last week

I have the TV's IR Blaster setup to control a BSkyB Sky+HD box, and most controls work great.  However, the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT navigation buttons work, but always sends 3 occurrences of UP, DOWN, LEFT, or RIGHT instead of just one occurrence.

So, for example, when navigating the Sky+HD box list of recordings, pressing down skips down 3 recordings, making it impossible to select the recordings in-between.

Is there some way to update the IR blaster database to correctly only send 1 occurrence of LEFT, RIGHT, UP, or DOWN when that button is pressed?  Or is there any other solution to this problem, that will make the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT buttons behave correctly?

65 REPLIES 65
profile.country.GB.title
padlad
Explorer

@mk_chappo wrote:

Did anyone find a way of accessing the Sky Planner / Recorded programs (i.e. like pressing the "Sky" key) directly from the Sony remote? I know you can mimic it from the "Action Menu" but this is quite frustrating.

Anyone?

Just press the 'Back' button on the remote.

profile.country.GB.title
nigelwgould
New

I've just purchased one of these have the latest firmware and the problem still exists.  

profile.country.GB.title
Braviakid768
Explorer

Hi have 55xf8577 running Latest os and tried all the resets but still jumps 3 lines at once, software patch needed Sony in think unless you know how to fix it 

profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

I had the same problem which was fixed by a software update a couple of years ago. I had to wait a couple of months for the update.

Sorry that I cannot help you.

Nick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
profile.country.GB.title
jimaxe
New

Hi all,

Just bought a TV and I'm encountering the same problem in December 2019.  System states no update available any other fix suggestions?

jmilner83
Explorer

Hi All, 

Found a fix for this without requiring a full software reset. It seems like the IR blaster App/Service just needs a data reset. 

Go to Android Settings (Home button > Settings)

Go to Apps

Scroll down to "IRBlaster Native" , select the app to open further options.

Select Clear Cache & Clear Data 

Do the same for "IrbService" 

Once both apps are reset, go to the IRBlaster set up again and follow the usual setup process.

That fixed it for me, hope it helps someone else. 

Cheers

James