Join now - be part of our community!

How really slow is Android TV?!?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

How really slow is Android TV?!?

I was really so sick about reading complain about "how bad is Android TV" and as matter of fact "how sloooow is it" that I decided to spend few minutes to record the main operation done on my TV (or at least the ones I use more): I don't feel they are so sllw at all!

I would like that someone could make the same recording with a different TV set just to compare how much Tizen, WebOS or Firefox are really Faster.

Please do not blame the image quality of my TV: I did not spent time setting correctly the camera (a Sony CX280 obviously :wink: ) so the autofocus was not able to adapt rapidly to the different lights on TV at each moment. I can assure image quality is really wonderful!!

Updated on Oct 2nd 2019: Oreo version

61 REPLIES 61
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are right... using the remote while playing 4k 60fps leads to frame lost while the same video in 1080p no. However there is no evident lagging in scrolling the options 
Looking several time to the video I can now notice some stutter in the panning of the gears . More evident if I switch off film mode...could it be something about how the original movie was shot? I tried the latest Uzbekistan 8k from the same authors and it seems smoother to me (even if I notice more frame lost tonight on this specific video) 
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

No. I downloaded the clip via youtube-dl and it plays absolutely smoothly from file.